log in or register to remove this ad

 

Expeditions to the Craters.

QuaziquestGM

First Post
The half-orc slices the first Shiitake in half, so the fox bites and kills the second.

The third bites at the fox.
[roll0], damage [roll1]

(I've been trying to post for a couple days. keep getting an error message about the mobile site. seems I needed to reload the browser.)
 

log in or register to remove this ad


EarlyBird

First Post
"You really shouldn't play with your food Crag." Stanfor says as he maneuvers the fox around the creature, ducking at swipes and having Illikk jump aside at the last second before the fox goes in for a big bite.

OOC: If Illikk has enough move to get around the veggie-man
then we'll flank him.
Bite ATK: [roll0]
DMG: [roll1]
 




EarlyBird

First Post
"Oh, I agree." the kender says looking over the mushroom men from atop the fox. (see if they have anything interesting for a kender's pockets)

Patting the fox's flank Stanfor coos at Illikk. "Good boy. Such a good boy, finishing your vegetables like that."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Are they dead?" Aylana asks still holding her staff before her unsure. After it seems all is clear she relaxes a bit and pushes the glasses back on her nose. "You know. Mushrooms are not vegetables. Though I suppose you may have meant the colloquially. But even so, it is important to be precise. Mushrooms are a kind of fungus. But they are culinarily valued over other fungi, such as moss, because their texture is similar to that of vegetables. And that may be the source of their... Oh, are we moving on? You seem to be walking away." She straightens her robe and hurries after the group.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Leading the way Stanfor trusts to the fox's nose to lead the group to the wizard. But with all the smoke and strange debris the little animal has trouble following the path.

"Crag take point. Your the tallest and will probably see things before the rest of us. Looks like sniffing the wizard out isn't going to work." he says pulling up from along the trail.
 


QuaziquestGM

First Post
As the party moves on (and moss is a nonvascular plant, not a fungi) further into the interior of the island, they notice 3 things.

Screaming and sounds of battle to the south.

Loud chirping to the north.

A column of iridescent purple smoke ahead of them.
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
"I w-would agree that going north would be the safest thing to do. But I suspect the little bird will tell us its friend is not to north. Stanfor, which direction is the bird indicating?" Aylana says.

OOC: Re: Moss and fungus. Obviously she read the wrong book on the properties of non-animal life forms. Her statement might be "state of the art" for this world. :)
 

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar, who's rejoined the group at some point, shakes her head. "Could be any bird. I say if we're looking for a wizard who specializes in magic fireworks, lets follow the magic smoke?"

She shakes her head. "And here I thought this'd be a nice quiet backwater."
 


EarlyBird

First Post
"It isn't doing very well," Stanfor says in answer to Aylana. "Anyway is good to start, I suppose. Let's head for the smoke then. I'm curious as to what is making it that color."
 


QuaziquestGM

First Post
"Looks like we are heading towards the smoke then..." muses Brother Jean.

Navigating the rolling terrain, the party comes to the crest of a rise. Looking into the valley below reveals a scorched area and a hill about 150 ft away with something the size of a house protruding out at an odd angle. It is difficult to tell if the object plowed up the hill when it slammed into the ground, or if the hill was already there, or some combination of those events. It is made of a mix of purple and light bluish-silver metal and is severely damaged. Sparks and odd colored smoke emanate from cracks. There is a doorsized gash in the side.

A hooded figure sits on the ground next to the "door".

Between you and the 'crash site' is an area carpeted with purple and green mushrooms. This is about 30 ft away.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Are the mushrooms going to attack?" Aylana wonders somewhat frantically. "I have never seen metal that color before. I suppose it could just be painted, or more appropriately enameled since paint doesn't really stick to metal. I suppose the coloring could also be added during the smelting of the metal. But making large sheets of metal like that is very advanced. It's so sad that it is in such disrepair. I don't think the local blacksmith could straighten that metal. Is that a man standing near the metal thing? I wonder if it is his. I doubt it is his if he is the illusionist Dolfgand as illusionists aren't really known for creating devices or golems. Oo, could that just be a big golem? That would be fascinating, wouldn't it?"

She looks around. "Oh, you guys are moving too fast for me again." And she jogs to keep up.
 


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top