Expeditions to the Craters.

Shayuri

First Post
"The goblins are what I was talking about," Inamar chuckled wryly. "I kinda guessed giant fireballs exploding overhead wasn't an everyday thing."

QuaziquestGM

First Post
Brother Jean-Erik comments, "I am new to the area having recently traveled west. I understand the the local goblins are usually merely an annoyance. I have hear ancient legends of rocks falling from the sky, but that was centuries ago. Some of the less reputable traders are always calling their wars 'star metal' this and 'sky metal' that."

"How unusual? Neither stars nor sky is made of metal or really contain much metal so I presume those usages are metaphorical." Aylana starts. "So perhaps these wares fall from the sky but again what in the sky could drop such things? Someone really should be rowing. It is a conundrum. Perhaps after rescuing the wizard we can look for the source of some of these artifacts."

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Out of town?! HA! I'm not form this world," the kender comments with a giggle. "Me and Illikk were trying to stop a Black Robed wizard operating near Kendermore, and he create a dark portal that sucked both of us up and 'poof' we ended up here."

He listens to the talk of fire storms and sky metal with interest before piping in. "Where I'm from the Gods sent down the 'fiery mountain' which caused The Cataclysm. There is a big hole where it landed and they say a whirlpool that is endlessly sucking up the water of the ocean. I never seen it, but it is what the sailors say."

Shayuri

First Post
"Sailors say a lot of things," Inamar points out, still paddling away. It's fairly clear from looking at her that she probably isn't big enough to really row the thing properly. She wouldn't have leverage on both oars at once. "Almost none of it is true. As for wizards and portals, probably serves you right for mixing with magic types."

"Best to avoid that bunch if you can."

QuaziquestGM

First Post
Brother Jean helps with the rowing.
Even with the complication of smaller rowers, navigation is difficult. Smoke drifts over the water and steam rises in places from boiling and bubbling water. In placed odd light glow beneath the water and floaring rafts of small stone drift in your way.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Stanfor takes the forward most position he can in the small boat, and tries to help navigate. "Floating oddity ahead, pull to port. No, no your other port," he says to the duo on oar duty. "Oh that's starboard. Sorry why don't they just call them right and left?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Sailors say a lot of things," Inamar points out, still paddling away. It's fairly clear from looking at her that she probably isn't big enough to really row the thing properly. She wouldn't have leverage on both oars at once. "Almost none of it is true. As for wizards and portals, probably serves you right for mixing with magic types."

"Best to avoid that bunch if you can."

Stanfor starts a retort then thinks better of it, maybe she is right.

QuaziquestGM

First Post
"Starboard if from steorbord, meaning the side on which the ship is steered, the side with the steering oar on boats without central rudders." exposits the cleric. "Port is the side you put against the docks."

Remove ads