• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expert Tactician Blow...is it an AoO

Since the feat calls it an extra attack, and states that it happens on your turn, and it happens before OR after you standard actions, and you can potenially choose from several targets wether or not they move throu your threatended area, I'd have to say no, it's simply an extra attack. It functions in no way like an AoO, and would be less useful than Combat Reflexes if it did.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
No. Unless a feat specifically refers to the attack it grants as an AoO, it isn't one. Expert Tactician just grants an extra attack when the given conditions are met.

Zerovoid

First Post
Technically its not an AOO, although I have no idea why it isn't... It would have been so much easier just to say, "Any creature adjacent to a character with this feat provokes an AOO whenever they are flatfooted. Only one AOO may be granted by this feat per round." Instead its a partial action, and then they have to errata it so you can't fireball the enemy archer whenever a there is a blind kobold next to you. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Remove ads