Explore The New Cosmology: The Planestrider's Journal Is Here!

30 planes, and a ton of player options--it's time to brave the Astral Seas!

plane_ks_header3.png

Launched today on Kickstarter is the Planestrider's Journal, a 260-page hardcover featuring a new cosmology, including 30 new planes, player options, webships, monsters, and a planespanning adventure! This book is compatible with D&D 5E and Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition!
  • 30 fantastic planes--explore the desolate beauty of Ambitio, the shadowy Bleak Gate, the vivid Corzcunath, or the hellish Nülda.
  • 17 archetypes (subclasses) like the Cackler, Humachinist, and Planestrider.
  • 14 feats such as Out of the Pit, Thoughtshaper, and Shining Soul.
  • 12 magic items like the enchanting glass slippers, the regal emperor's clothes, and the versatile Planestrider's Journal.
  • 8 planefaring ships like the speedy Bootlegger, the innovative Webjammer, and the robust Fatenaught.
  • 13 spells including gravitoss, impose law, and transform head.
  • 56 monsters including the planar arachnids which stalk the spaces between the planes, and Fiendish, Celestal, and Shadow templates.
  • 11 exploration challenges such as Pyroclasm, Spontaneous Portal Feedback, and Gravitic Distortion Field.
  • And The Saga of Surrem, a planestriding adventure for 7th-level characters!
And not only that--there's also Captain Cobalt's Codicil, an additional 50-page softcover compiling planar material from the Gate Pass Gazette. This softcover contains additional heritages, cultures, backgrounds, and more. Play a spiderfolk from the Ethereal Veil, a dreamborn from the Dreaming, a daring zevite who sails the Astra Seas, or a grim shadowcast, a copy of a person in the Waking!

psj_collection.png

Back it now on Kickstarter!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
New planar cosmologies are always so exciting to me.

I've lived with the Great Wheel since 1979, so it's not particularly exciting for me at this point, and I love new ideas, whether it's the optional planes from the 3E Manual of the Planes, the Eberron cosmology, Monte Cook's Beyond Countless Doorways orrey cosmology or the later Planebreaker setting or the new Tales of the Valiant planar labyrinth.

At the same time, so many of the people really into the planes seem completely wedded to the Great Wheel, Sigil and Planescape.

It'd be interesting to see how planar products stack up, sales wise, compared to other kinds of gaming products.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
At the same time, so many of the people really into the planes seem completely wedded to the Great Wheel, Sigil and Planescape.
I think it may be because I cut my teeth on BECMI for cosmology (which was radically different than AD&D), but I've always liked tweaking the Great Wheel and adding things to it when I do use it. I definitely have this one bookmarked to come back to before the kickstarter ends.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think it may be because I cut my teeth on BECMI for cosmology (which was radically different than AD&D), but I've always liked tweaking the Great Wheel and adding things to it when I do use it. I definitely have this one bookmarked to come back to before the kickstarter ends.
The Facebook ads for this book show off a neat three-ring structure to the planes that appears to include an explicit land of the dead, which definitely puts this closer to my buy list.

Last edited:

Vincent55

Adventurer
Doctor Strange Venom GIF by Marvel Contest of Champions

Remove ads

Remove ads