• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fair warning??

yennico

First Post
Oryan77 said:
This logic must work in RL too. If a guy at the bar is about to pound you for staring at his girlfriend, make sure to ask him if he's trained in martial arts or a professional boxer so you know if you should fight or not.
*lol*

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Jupp said:
It would be an interesting feature of D&D:O if the player could switch to "PnP" mode where death is permanent (Death = roll new character). If you see a PC in PnP mode that is level 15 or so you can tell that he earned that level :) I would be highly intrigued by such a game mode.

How is permanent death like PnP? :p

Darkness said:
Maybe they define 'Expert' as 'Dude who has talked with 2 - maybe even 3 (gasp!) - different DMs in a gaming store, most of whom actually droned on about their kewl campaign instead of answering his questions.'

What do you expect from a game where they tell you they want to stay as close to the rules as possible in one moment, and in the other tell you that they ditched vancian magic in favour of a mana system to make it better suited to online gaming. Anyway, this game is so dead for me that no amount of wish spells or divine intervention will be able to resurrect it (Eberron is not a good representation of D&D, too many warforged, plus I won't pay again and again for something I just bought, that's blackmail)

Delemental

First Post
My DM's version of 'fair warning'?

"Hey, good thing you killed that guy before he got his spell off, because it was going to be a save-or-die spell."

:)

KB9JMQ

First Post
Delemental said:

"Hey, good thing you killed that guy before he got his spell off, because it was going to be a save-or-die spell."

That is the best kind of warning in my book :D

reveal

Adventurer
My version of a "fair warning" to my players:

"He's casting a spell; roll a Spellcraft check." At least they have a chance of knowing what's coming. :)

talien

Community Supporter
reveal said:
My version of a "fair warning" to my players:

"He's casting a spell; roll a Spellcraft check." At least they have a chance of knowing what's coming. :)
Or alternately...

The somatic component of any insta-death spell is pointing at the target.

The verbal component of any insta-death spell is "DIE!"

Players are extremely relieved when they make their saves. Even if it was only a 0-level spell with a creative verbal component. :)

der_kluge

Adventurer
And the answer is "this game will suck."

carson0130_big.jpg

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Delemental said:

In my games it was, "A fellow party member just failed his save against a save-or-die spell. That's your warning." :]

Arrgh! Mark!

First Post
Fair warning? I mean, whats the point? Sure, DM's I know tend not to have every other mook a necromancer with finger of death. But if they enter a wizards castle.. what do they expect?

I sort of wonder what constituates fair warning. If it's sort of obvious (It's a vastly powerful necromancers castle.) thats one thing. If a glowing help icon warns you, thats just silly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads