D&D 5E Faith, Gods, and your Character in 5E

Elf Witch

First Post
I don't think it is a bad idea to put a default pantheon on the core rules I think it can help novice DMs and players have an idea of how to do it. It can be describes as here is a sample pantheon you can choose to use.

it is very easy for a more experience DM to do a whole new pantheon or even just one god.

My homebrew has stolen gods from several settings.

I like the idea of giving people of faith small little bonuses for example a person who tithes to the temple of a god and tries to emulate as best as he can the ideals of the god can cast a cure light on themselves once a day and a cure minor on other people 3 times a day. They can cast sanctuary on themselves once a day. And buying services from that temple cost less for them then non believers.

And any one in my game can pray for intervention of a god for some big help on a D20 a roll of 1 or 2 gets the god attention and he may help it depends on what is being asked and who is asking.

enrious

I did something similar in a recent religious campaign, where the PCs were all members of a holy order and none of them had any divine abilities.

Nonetheless, they could each cast Cure Light Wounds 2x a day and Knowledge (Religion) was a class skill.

As other players joined or they rolled up replacement PCs, the newcomers didn't have this.

Remove ads