Falcon and winter solider

Ross as Powerbroker, and Sharon as Powerbroker are both interesting ideas, but neither seem to make much logical sense. Of course illogical stuff has happened before, so I can't rule them out completely.

I can't see them introducing Victor Von Doom in this show.

Since I'm happy to back outsiders, I'm still putting my money on a Zola AI (because who doesn't back up their data?) as the Powerbroker.

Can anything be deduced from the "The Powerbroker is Watching You" graffiti? Is it more than a simple 1984 callout? Can the eyes be matched to anyone?

Ross does seem like a good candidate to head up the GRC, which is probably evil. Just why where they hoarding all those supplies?

Last edited:

TFatWS Episode Four (The Flag Smashers), synopsis:

Sam, Bucky and Zemo catch up with the Flag Smashers, and Zemo puts his plan to kill all the enhanced individuals into motion.

However, Bucky has anticipated Zemo and doublecrossed him to Wakandian Intelligence, who storm in and take Zemo into custody.

Karli is captured and is dishing the dirt on the GRC to Sam when Walker bursts in and beats Karli to death.

Walkers' actions are captured on a mobile phone and "Captain America beats a defenceless young girl to death" goes viral.

well...that happened
I'm a little let down that they didn't show us Walker taking the serum. I also thought they would go for a decapitation, and nice call back to The Frist Avenger movie on how Walker and Lamar entered, with Walker holding his side arm up over the shield. I think Walker will lose the shield and Captain America name either next episode or in the last one.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Apparently Ayo isnt very good as Dora Melaje, she let herself get distracted and let Zemo escape - this is the third time!

Other than that I liked the episode and it pretty much played out predictably, although I too expected decapitation
Yeah . . . it was still very brutal, though. This is going to be . . . interesting. I wonder how the world will react in the next episode. This one was predictable, but I'm guessing the next one will be less so.

Super soldier serum:

All the recaps I have read are assuming the other 11 vials were all destroyed by Zemo, but has anyone taken the time to count how many are shown on-screen being destroyed? I also need to rewatch because I thought I heard Karli say there were still a couple left, but I may have misheard. Anyway, the Flag Smashers are now down to 6 super members, from 8, and Walker is how super. Lemar dying deviates from the comics in more than just his death, as I thought I read he was given the serum also, when Walker got the serum from the Power Broker.

MarkB

Legend
Apparently Ayo isnt very good as Dora Melaje, she let herself get distracted and let Zemo escape - this is the third time!

Other than that I liked the episode and it pretty much played out predictably, although I too expected decapitation
Yeah, if I had a criticism of this episode it would be that it is basically just every single character acting exactly as you expect them to act, with very predictable consequences.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Yeah, if I had a criticism of this episode it would be that it is basically just every single character acting exactly as you expect them to act, with very predictable consequences.
But, is that a bad thing? They've done a good job at outlining the characters, to the point that we can understand what they're doing and why they're doing it. Sam wants to talk with Karli because he understands her frustrations, Walker doesn't want to do that because he's a jerkass control freak that can't trust someone else to do the job right. Zemo tries to kill Karli because he hates Super Soldiers, and then gets to destroying the Serum. Walker takes the Serum because he keeps getting his ass whooped by everyone and thinks it will help him save lives (which it ends up doing the opposite of. . .). Lamar gets killed saving Walker's life, and Walker then goes berserk and takes revenge by brutally killing Karli's friend in public.

It's pretty straightforward and is basically what you would expect to happen, but I don't think that's inherently a bad thing. This was the first episode that I found all that predictable, and I'm guessing the next one will be less predictable when it deals with the fallout of this one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases