• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fall of the 14th Kingdom (OOC)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay... I'm still having a bunch of trouble... If someone could let me know what's going on... I'm trying to fix my OpenRPG, but to no avail so far.

Arkhandus

First Post
Graaaagh! I've been trying for almost an hour now to get on OpenRPG, but it's not working. It either freezes up when starting, or when trying to browse/connect to the servers. Also, the OpenRPG website seems to be down right now. Which, from what Mercenary (one of the OpenRPG devs or something) said before, generally prevents OpenRPG from working until the website is back up from maintenance or whatever.

So, as it seems I'm not the only one having these problems right now, I'm just going to have to cancel tonight's session. Grrrrr.

I'll try again around 7 PST, and if it's working then, we'll see if we can start the game at that time. Otherwise, it's cancelled for tonight. This kind of problem seems to last for a few hours or more when it happens, so I don't expect it to be resolved by 7 or so, but it's remotely possible... -_-

Next time it happens, though, don't try reinstalling. I've wasted hours of frustration on trying that before when this kind of stupid problem came up out of the blue, and it was a waste of time. Also, make sure your character files and such aren't deleted in the process of uninstalling/reinstalling; I always save them to a separate folder elsewhere beforehand.

Dragonwriter

First Post
same here. I can see the servers it says I connect, but I see no one.

Yeah, that is exactly my problem also...

I'm getting nearly done re-installing. Removed everything before your last post, Ark. Oops...

My nodes will be fine, I make sure of that. But, it looks like tonight's game is dead... Unless it clears up within a few minutes, which I doubt.

Arkhandus

First Post
Alright, assuming OpenRPG doesn't go down again tonight (I don't think it will), the game's on in about two hours, give or take half an hour. I'll be online sometime around 7-7:30 pm Mountain Time, 6-6:30 pm Pacific, and wait around for awhile to see how many folks show up.

Hopefully last week's stupid OpenRPG problem didn't discourage the new player or anyone else. We'll start once we have 2 or 3 players, not sure which yet. May just have to run without Irthos again if he doesn't show up, and I have no idea yet if the new player will be around.

Arkhandus

First Post
I'll be on OpenRPG around 6 pm PST tonight, and we'll wrap up the Shiro Kaga adventure (or at the very least finish going through most of the castle) tonight, then finally move on to the next adventure.

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, that plan went awry. -_- OpenRPG wouldn't start up for me tonight, so I kept trying and resetting, then uninstalled and reinstalled OpenRPG, but it still isn't working. The OpenRPG website is functioning, so I don't know what the problem is, but I apparently won't have it working tonight. -_-

I need to try a few more things and see if it just resolves itself by tomorrow, but I have no idea yet if that'll do. Going to try finding something I can delete from the computer to make more room on the hard drive, on the off chance that's the problem.

So. game's cancelled for tonight unfortunately, while I spend another hour or two trying to fix this. -_- Sorry.

Please tell the new player of tonight's cancellation, since I don't think she checks EN World or knows of this thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads