• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen Angel Ch2 [IC] - Calling Sherlock, Acid_Crash, Thels, Greegan

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mahe waves to the others. "It's all right." He kneels in front of Swift-Shadow, wondering why the creature might have approached him. I don't speak wolf. Ah well. He makes some soothing gestures, coming slowly closer, and culminating in petting the wolves' neck. Assuming he hasn't already tried to attack yet.

Animal Empathy +6, or +8 if you got my e-mail. ;)

Erekose13

Explorer
Swift-Shadow bows his head a little bit, indicating his respect for you. He allows you to come closer and even accepts your soothing touch. As you pet him he nips a bit at your staff, then turns his head back the way he had come - the deep forest - and growls. Accepting one last pat he pads off slowly at first, but gathers speed as he heads in the general direction the other 3 went.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mahe frowns. Something in the deep forest? The wolves are moving... he shakes his head, and keeps his own counsel. "Let's keep going."

Not to be overly persistent, but did you get my e-mail, and is it a yes or a no?

flyingricepaddy

First Post
Folco reemerges from the bush, his hands free of any weapons, watching the wolves disappear into the forest.

"You know, if we were smart, we might take that as an ill omen and run along ourselves, but I guess that's not what we're here for, is it? Oh well, onwards!"

Erekose13

Explorer
Onwards it is

The gray forms disappear quickly off to the right, the larger wolf who had stopped trailling the rest of the group. While contemplating the meaning of the wolf's actions you head on further into the forest. The rest of the day is a not very exciting. You see a few small animals give you a wide berth, but for the most part the sounds and sights of the forest are pretty standard. As the sun begins to decend the darkness in the forest grows deeper. The trees in this part of the forest are not very thick and you can see the sky above you changing colour.

As night falls, you choose to set up camp. This being your first journey all together, watches need to be settled as well as precautions taken with open flame and cooked food etcetera.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Nae open flame," advises Mahe, who stops the group around sunset. "There are worse things than wolves in these woods. Now if'n you'll excuse me, I've got some trees to talk to. I'll have some food for ye all in aboot an hour." Mahe walks a small distance into the woods, and quickly looses himself in the comforting darkness of the trees. He's always liked it at night. The wolves and the cool breeze bring back memories. He frowns. Like of that night. He hasn't seen Vanim in a long time now- too long. He'll send another of his friends searching for her, but he expects about as much success as the last time. He sighs.

"Tir," he says, and the golden eagle lands on his arm. Vanim had introduced them. "Keep an eye out while I meditate." The eagle takes off again, staying close to watch over him. Tirthoron will never leave he thinks, and the thought helps settles his mind. He kneels in the pine needles, sweeping a portion of forest floor clean, and begins drawing symbols in the dirt- drudic letters.

An hour or so later, he returns. "I have dinner," he announces, holding out a handful of berries. "Eat. It will last you for all the next day."

Prepare new spells; drop entangle to prepare goodberry.

Last edited:

flyingricepaddy

First Post
After Mahe disappears into the woods, Folco raises a hand to his cheek and taps a finger at the side of his face pensively and turns to the others. "Hmm. Well, I was going to look for some food, myself, but I'm sure he won't disappoint."

The halfling shrugs his small shoulders, and then walks off into the woods himself. He spends the next hour exploring the vicinity of the campsite. He takes note of Mahe's location, and carefully skirts around it, not wanting to bother him in whatever it is that he's doing.

He returns with uncanny timing, emerging from the forest just in time to receive his berry. "Oh, I do so love berries. Are you sure I can have only one?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads