• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen Angel Ch2 [IC] - Calling Sherlock, Acid_Crash, Thels, Greegan

Someone

Adventurer
"She said only trackers go that deep" says Akaros, who already finished the eating. "We´ll have to go on our own or look for one of them"

Thels

First Post
Michael sips some more wine as he stays out of the conversation, his stomach turning once watching Nalya taking the wine You don't gulp wine! Anyhow, if there's a trail, we might probably be better off on our own, since we do not want to draw too much interest or bring innocent bystanders along. I'll just have to wait for Mary to leave to discuss this.

Erekose13

Explorer
Mary answers their questions once she has finished serving them and waiting for them to finish. "They would lie roughly to the west yes, a little more west north west, deep in the Glimmerwood. I used to be a tracker with my father, but I have put that life behind me know. It is a much more comfortable life staying here with my uncle and his family. I don't think that you would be able to find them on your own, though there are a few trackers in the area that might be able to help. If you like I can put the word out that you are looking for someone to guide you and I know one would be ready to meet you at the edge of the forest. They are always prepared to take monster hunters in there to help make it a bit more safe for their craft. The ruins themselves are just a few stones lying about a moss covered mound. The reason they stuck out in my mind is the huge tree that they surround. Biggest tree in the forest, with huge narled limbs that form a canopy above the others. There is one small stone plinth at the base of the tree that is covered in strange runes, probably all that is left of the ruins for any one to see really."

Fanog

First Post
Enthousiastic as she is, Nalya finshes off her drink just tad too fast while listening. Monster hunters?, she thinks. Well, tht's a good axcuse as any... Strange runes. Oh, we're really close. There's got to be more left than that. Maybe below ground. "So, what kind of monsters would be around in the woods? Just the usual, or anything in specific we should be looking out for?"

Nalya is glad to see the Pheasant arrive, allowing the food in her belly to clear her head a little.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"Are we going? even if we get lost, we should be able to see the tree." says Akaros. "And I really hope there´s more there left than a moldy stone"

Thels

First Post
"Calm down, will you? We've just been travelling for a week! Let's rest instead of charging in there like a headless chicken." Michael looks happy as Mary serves the food, but takes a moment before starting his dinner, addressing Mary: "Miss, could we order some rooms as well? And perhaps a bath?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Around the outskirts of the forest only the usual, wolves, bears and other animals prowl. They tend to stay away from people though and are not much danger to the wood cutters and other villagers in the area. Deep in the forest is another matter entirely, some say trolls and other foul beasts lurk in the darkness. For my part I have only seen an ogre and lost him pretty quick in the undergrowth. As for a room an baths, certainly I shall get those ready for you right away." She replies to all your questions.

Fanog

First Post
"Hey guys, be nice guests now and stop bickering. There's no need to prove a point", Nalya interrupts the two men. "It'll get dark soon, going now wouldn't make sense. Tomorrow morning will be soon enough", I hope.

"And of course, we would need time to arrange someone to guide us into the forest." Hmm, a bath would be really nice...

Thels

First Post
"Right. Let's enjoy our meals for now. Tomorrow will be another day." Michael notes as he tries to eat as fast as he can while maintaining proper dinner etiquette. Man, this sure tastes a lot better than those rations we stuffed ourselves with for the last week!

Erekose13

Explorer
Mary comes back a little later to inform you that your rooms are ready and that a bath has been poured for you. Enjoying your well earned rest (though it has only been a week of travel since your last long break) you relax in the hot water. That evening passes quietly and in the morning you wake to find the Akaros has departed the in heading for the capital. His message reads:
Code:
Noble Companions,
I can no longer ignore the callings to war.  
I am sorry to part company here, but I must 
proceed with all due haste to the Shriah to 
find out more about this war.  The whirlwinds 
of fate draw me to battle.
Akaros of Deria.

A light breakfast is prepared for you already with the letter and Mary is there to answer any more questions you have.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads