• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallout New Vegas

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
* Why has nobody else been stealing from the mail boxes!

I was wondering the same thing. Those things are full of good loot :D

I've noted a few bugs here and there. The game freezes occasionally but nothing too bad.

And I love ED-E. The little scrap pile is awesome helper. And seems to be immortal. I've had it knocked down quite a few times and the game just says ED-E is unconscious.

I also like the Brotherhood companion you can get. Her power fist is wreaking havock on the enemies.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
They are? Cool. I've been leaving the brotherhood chick waiting at safe places since I didn't want her to die but that's pointless then :D

Sutekh

First Post
SPOILER ALERT?********************

Im a lot further into the game now. (In fact Ive made it to the Gun Runners outside of Westside). I originally and stupidly decided to hike straight for NV and got stomped by a lot of Deathclaws near Sloan. It was nasty.

So after reloading it was time to take the long u shaped trip there.

Having been through a lot , and missing a fair few places Ive now made it to just outside NV. The Gunrunners are there (cool guys making a comeback!) and Ive realised just how freakin expensive Sniper Rifles are!. Ouich!.

A Quest that was reallly irritating me for a while was the Brotherhood in the Hidden Valley quest branch. I couldnt find the Ranger to scare/kill off, so had to go online to find out. that sucked. Of course ive always been a big fan of the Brotherhood so my ultimate goal is to be able to join up. Just remind me not to be in disguise as an NCR member again when I meet them.

So now Ive been sent to Freeside to cap the Van Graff family. Which I dont think Ill be doing yet.

Ive had about 3-4 crashes in total. Screen goes to black and I dumped back to XP. As for bugs, Ive seen ... well a lot. Dogs running but in the same spot (and feet not touching the ground) and scorpions mainly becoming one with the boulders they are walking on. You can still occasionaly kill them but its crazy seeing them sink ino the earth. People seem to freak out, draw their guns but there is nobody around to shoot. So they calm down again.

Its been great exploring I will admit. Im pressing F5 a lot. ive reached the stage where I have 100 in both Science and Lockpick so no computer is safe! :)

Nellis is really ugly. Avoid it unless you like running through a Artillery Range....

LightPhoenix

First Post
Unarmed or energy weapons I believe are the way to go there. Maybe melee.

I think Energy is a safer bet, but I also avoid going into melee whenever possible.

Guns should work as well as long as you stick to two ammo types. 5.56mm is probably the best; there's a bunch of weapons that use it. 10mm is good for a pistol and fairly common. If you're really into sniping you'll want to carry .308, but the Varmint Rifle with scope works pretty well too.

Either way, in the beginning you'll probably need a decent melee weapon (unless you're going unarmed). The perks that reduce weight of small items and give you extra carrying capacity are probably decent ideas as well, especially if you don't want to bring along a companion.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads