• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars

qstor

Adventurer
Knoxgamer said:
It was awesome, the best Goodbye Farscape could have gotten. Loose threads were tied up, the action scenes were incredible, the characterization was spot on if you consider how the characters have evolved since the beginning of the show, and it was epic. Coming from a network that seems completely out of touch with Sci-Fi fans, i'm thoroughly pleased.

I'd like to look forward to the Battlestar Galactica series now, but considering the shaft Farscape got in order to pad Sci-Fi's pockets... I hold little hope.

I was kinda hoping they would bring it back? :) I like the effects of the space battles. I thought they were pretty good. I also liked seeing Reigel swimming!

Were the ratings good over all?

Mike

Finally I watched the mini-series, and I can say I liked it. The ending was fine and it will even work as a definite ending.

I liked how (and that) Stark found his peace. Nice touch with the mask at the end.
Too bad that Shikozou and Scorpius couldn´t stay together - they made a nice pair :)

Some of the things adressed here:
The acting of Chiana definitely was off in the first minutes. But the characters definitely experiencing some change during the mini-series (even if it´s not the focus) - new eyes and powers, and the willingness to go with D´argo and become a farmer...

I didn´t get the impression in FarScape that dead people do regularly come back. In case of Zhaan, it might be true - but she did never come back (at least not in the real world). Scorpius survived a few dangerous situations in which we might have believed he was dead, but it seems an exception and fits the character (and Harvey did the same - I believe there were at least two, maybe even three, situations were we believed to have lost him)
A good indicator that D´Argo is actually dead is the fact that Aeryn and Johns son does bear his name. (Aeryns father, Talyn, was also - definitely - dead when they named Moyas offspring)

Black Omega

First Post
Finally got a chance to catch the mini-series. And it was well worth the wait.

The changes in the voices was jarring initially but they either got their voices back over the mini-series or I just got used to the new voices.;) Scorpion's appearance/make up also changed way too often. There were only a couple of times it really seemed to look as it did in the series.

Definitely more epic in scale and very appropriately so. Much I was enjoyed Farscape I do hope this is the finish. The plot threads are snipped, the conflicts resolved. I have no doubt they could create a new Farscape series, but it really wouldn't be the same.

John Crichton

First Post
A comment or two if I may. :)

Black Omega said:
The changes in the voices was jarring initially but they either got their voices back over the mini-series or I just got used to the new voices.;)
Agreed. Chiana & Pilot were a bit funky but it went away quickly. You could tell that the actors were just a bit off. Lani Tupu (Pilot) I can understand because that isn't even close to his real voice. But Gigi Edgley basically sounds like her character in real life except that Chiana is a little more screechy. Go figure.

Black Omega said:
Scorpion's appearance/make up also changed way too often. There were only a couple of times it really seemed to look as it did in the series.
Huh? How was it different? Except for the cooling cover on his head I didn't see a single change from the outfit that was in Season 4. It has evolved since we first saw it (he was more ghostly upon first seeing him) but the costume was dead on from what I saw.

Last edited:

John Crichton said:
Lani Tupu (Pilot) I can understand because that isn't even close to his real voice.

I think it was more that whatever they used to make his voice more alien didn't get used AS MUCH. Pilot sounded much more human than he usually did. Got used to it, though :)

Black Omega

First Post
John Crichton said:
A comment or two if I may. :)
Huh? How was it different? Except for the cooling cover on his head I didn't see a single change from the outfit that was in Season 4. It has evolved since we first saw it (he was more ghostly upon first seeing him) but the costume was dead on from what I saw.

Scorpius' costume was exactly the same, agreed. His makeup was not. A couple of times he seemed to have almost a normal skin tone. Other times it was mostly white with little of the shading I'm used to.

John Crichton

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I think it was more that whatever they used to make his voice more alien didn't get used AS MUCH. Pilot sounded much more human than he usually did. Got used to it, though :)
They didn't alter his voice, it was all done by the actor.

Didn't bug me but it was a little jarring at first.

John Crichton

First Post
Black Omega said:
Scorpius' costume was exactly the same, agreed. His makeup was not. A couple of times he seemed to have almost a normal skin tone. Other times it was mostly white with little of the shading I'm used to.
Ah, interesting. My new TV doesn't like non-HD signals so I easily missed that. I get a slight blurring effect. That and when it's zoomed in so I can watch it on widescreen the effect is even worse. When it hits on DVD I'll have to look for that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads