• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Chimera said:
Didn't like one of my favorite characters getting killed, but otherwise...
They never showed the body, and the doc was just down the street. He may have been shot, but there's no guarantee he was done for. I'm not convinced he's dead, but I'm also not convinced we'll see any more Farscape after this.

Otherwise... bravo!

Wycen

Explorer
Contrary to what I said in the other Farscape thread, I could notice a difference in Pilot's voice in the second half. Similar, but perhaps not as deep? Not a big deal in my opinion.

As for the reveal of the traitor, it dawned on me about 15 minutes before when I remembered the conversation Sukozu had with Aeryn.

And while I didn't like seeing a main character die, he met a warrior's death and that's probably better than dying of old age farming on Hyneria. Maybe not :\ Of course, he could have survived if the wormhole hadn't eaten the planet. :]

One thing I kinda expected but turns out wrong I guess is Grayza. I had this feeling she was pregnant with John's child as well. As some sort of bargaining chip or possibly to extract wormhole info from legacy memory or some such like that.

All in all I wish they had done 4 weeks either of 1 or 2 hours, but I know too many people are complainers and couldn't take a month of suspence.

Loved it :)

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Wycen said:
And while I didn't like seeing a main character die, he met a warrior's death and that's probably better than dying of old age farming on Hyneria. Maybe not :\ Of course, he could have survived if the wormhole hadn't eaten the planet. :]
Once again, I never saw the body. I generally suspect something is up when they don't show the character's final moments and then a rotting corpse afterwards. I get the feeling that if there is more Farscape in the future, he'll somehow be in it.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
I've only watched perhaps a dozen episodes of Farscape. Didn't get Sci-Fi when it was originally airing, so I've been catching the reruns every now and then late at night :p. I've really liked what I've seen. The Farscape characters have a great chemistry. They really feel like family.
Chimera said:
Liked the explanation of the Sebacian/Human thing, if anyone caught it. (Ie, the Eidelons picked up primitive humans and altered them, making Sebacians.)
Yes, there were two references to this, the first when a villain (the Scarran xo, I believe,) mentioned being disgusted that humans and sebaceans could produce offspring, and then the eidolon revealing to Aeryn the true origin of the Peacekeepers, and thus the sebaceans. It was a nice touch. I thought it added an interesting dynamic to the Peacekeepers as an organization, as well explaining why John and Aeryn could have children.

Spoiler below...

I really loved D'argo's death scene. It wasn't overdone (or at least, not more than any such death scene will be by its very existence,) and again, the emotion--especially between John and D'argo--felt very genuine.

What saddens me, though, if more movies are created, is the loss of John's Scorpius-in-the-Head. Those conversations are some of the funniest, and most interesting, in the series. If this movie is indeed the series' final hurrah, then it plays out well as an ending. But if there are going to be more, I'm going to miss John's internal discussions.

John Crichton

First Post
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

The wonderful thing about this show is that any of the elements can be brought back if they chose to do more minis, a motion picture or more shows.

As others have mentioned but it bears repeating:

- No body for the dead main character.
- Scorp has a way of ALWAYS toying with John's head.
- Sizoku = not dead.
- Grayza = still pissed.
- There are still players out there that want John captured or John dead.
- Who knows what that wormhole/blackhole did to the universe/timeline.

But, if there is never any more Farscape this was a FAR better resolution than we were left with. I am content and fully entertained.

High points for me:

- The team breaking the Scarran line in true character fashion one after another: John with dual pistols. Aeryn backing him up with a pulse pistol. D'argo taking out everyone else with the Qualta Blade. Chi randomly firing into the fray.
- "I'm your daddy." I nearly cried.
- The passing of the blade.
- The mariage scene. It had to happen that way. With pulse fire everywhere, pinned down and really messy. Perfect.
- John's hesitance, pain and remorse about what he was about to do.
- Scorpius' "victory" grin.
- John waking up. Again, almost cried. Great payoff considering how much always goes wrong for him.
- Jothee's cover fire.
- Stark's final words to John.
- John's speech to the battle fleets in the zero hour.

Last edited:

John Crichton said:
High points for me:

"Y'know, there's something I've wanted to tell you for a long time, and I never really had the words until now:

"I love shooting things."

*grin*

You know, I've forgotten your real name, but I look forward to more Farscape chatting with you next GenCon.

I realize one of my old D&D games was a lot like Farscape. There was --

• The dashing, reluctant hero. A half-Elf ranger named Allar.
  • The tall, peaceful priest. A human cleric named Lacy, who later on became a bit more militant, and fell in love with Allar. Sort of a mix of Zhaan and Aeryn.
  • The short, pompous guy. A gnomish wizard named David.
  • The tough, friendly warrior. A minotaur named Babb.
  • The dark Elf chick who hates mind control. Tri'ni.
  • A villain who screws with the PCs' heads, and at one point takes over a PC. An illithid.

It freaks me out when I think about it.

John Crichton

First Post
RangerWickett said:
"Y'know, there's something I've wanted to tell you for a long time, and I never really had the words until now:

"I love shooting things."

*grin*

You know, I've forgotten your real name, but I look forward to more Farscape chatting with you next GenCon.

I realize one of my old D&D games was a lot like Farscape. There was --
  • The dashing, reluctant hero. A half-Elf ranger named Allar.
  • The tall, peaceful priest. A human cleric named Lacy, who later on became a bit more militant, and fell in love with Allar. Sort of a mix of Zhaan and Aeryn.
  • The short, pompous guy. A gnomish wizard named David.
  • The tough, friendly warrior. A minotaur named Babb.
  • The dark Elf chick who hates mind control. Tri'ni.
  • A villain who screws with the PCs' heads, and at one point takes over a PC. An illithid.
It freaks me out when I think about it.

Ryan, we had some good times. Next year we'll meet up again.

It's funny that you mention your old D&D game - Oddly enough, Farscape is very much like a novel series a friend and I have been working on since the very early 90's. It had living ships (they were more mech-like but the concept was very similar as they needed a pilot and were sentient), a scientist/astronaut (female) who developed special powers and was hunted. It had traitors. It had a species that was very similar to humans but very different in outlook (like the sabaceans).

And yes, shooting things is fun! :)

LightPhoenix

First Post
Erm, I'm pretty sure D'Argo's dead. Unless he somehow escaped the wormhole weapon tearing up the planet as well as ships. The Diagnosen was shot in the head, it couldn't have saved D'Argo... that's why Chiana and John had to deliver the baby.

I'm convinced Grayza's baby IS John's. When John is making the ultimatum to the Scarrans and Peacekeepers, Grayza says in reply, "For the sake of our children...." Grayza isn't the type to wax sentimental, I think she was subtly hinting she was carrying his child. Also note that no one on Moya is aware she's pregnant, to my knowledge.

Am I the only one that thinks this was Scorpius' plan all along? Force John into the middle of the two factions, get him to the point where he'll use the wormhole weapon, and stop the war? We do know that he's a tactical genius... the only one that comes close is Rygel.

Also, who convinced Pilot on the wormhole weapon? My guess would have to be Moya herself, but who knows.

One noticeably bad CGI shot is when everyone is about to climb the wall to jump into the docking net. Rygel flies across the bottom left of the scene, and it looks terribly fake.

Also, best line of the mini-series - "This is insane!"

[EDIT] One other question. Did anyone happen to catch little D's middle name? I heard D'Argo *something* Crichton, and never caught it.

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
Erm, I'm pretty sure D'Argo's dead. Unless he somehow escaped the wormhole weapon tearing up the planet as well as ships. The Diagnosen was shot in the head, it couldn't have saved D'Argo... that's why Chiana and John had to deliver the baby.
It certainly looks that way but you know the rule: unless we see a body, and even if we do...

LightPhoenix said:
Am I the only one that thinks this was Scorpius' plan all along? Force John into the middle of the two factions, get him to the point where he'll use the wormhole weapon, and stop the war? We do know that he's a tactical genius... the only one that comes close is Rygel.
Could be or it could have been that he simply adapted the situation into a win-win for himself. He's really good at that, too.

LightPhoenix said:
Also, who convinced Pilot on the wormhole weapon? My guess would have to be Moya herself, but who knows.
Aeryn. She says, "I thought this what you wanted?" That and Pilot/Moya and Aeryn have a very close bond. It was definately Aeryn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads