• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E "Fast Hands" vs "Assassinate"

PnPgamer

Explorer
Well I would let her use "fast hands" while I "assassinate" her from behind. win-win.
Oh we are talking about class abilities.

Jediking

Explorer
If you want to try a half-measure before adjusting class features, what is the player's background? I think it was Charlatan that gave proficiency in forgery or disguise kit and the feature is to have a False Identity. Or you could make a custom background to fit the flavour he is going for.

Another options is to get replace a skill proficiency with a tool proficiency (either forging or disguise). Heck, even taking Magic Initiate and taking Disguise Self could work.

Croesus

Adventurer
c) roughly neutral - no major issues foreseen

There are two rogues in my current campaign, one has "Assassinate", one has "Fast Hands". Assassinate rarely comes up, but when it does, it's powerful. Fast Hands, on the other hand, comes up all the time, but it's not a big deal. The rogue mostly uses the ability to swap weapons freely, or more rarely, uses the extra interaction to pull a lever, or open and close a door on the same turn, or something similar. It's convenient, but not powerful. So swapping the two abilities should be fine.

I would be pretty lenient in letting a player make this sort of change. The only thing I would keep an eye on is to make sure their character doesn't overshadow other player characters at the table, which seems very unlikely in this instance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads