• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite D&D books

Bregh

Explorer
Hard-pressed to choose between the OAD&D DMG (for content and material) and the OAD&D Monster Manual (whose images of monsters in the dungeon fire up my imagination like nothing else can).

Steel_Wind

Legend
3.5 Boxed Set.

Sure - there's a few hundred more to buy. But those three on their lonesome truly is all you really need.

I am starting to really enjoy the Bestiary of Krynn though = and I was not initially a fan of it at all. The more I dig into it - the more useful little gems I discover.

Acid_crash

First Post
For strictly WotC products for d20, my favorite is a toss up. How can we just pick one, that's like saying we can only eat one chip and that's it.... :)

It's a tie between Unearthed Arcana, Eberron Campaign Setting, and Complete Warrior. I guess, if I had to select just one of these, it would be Eberron. It's the coolest and best setting book I have read produced from either TSR or WotC.

Now, if we can add in other d20 publishers...then it's still a toss up.

It's a tie between Eberron CS, Mechamorphosis, and Iron Kingdoms Campaign Setting from privateer press. Now, if I could only combine all three of these into one world. ;)

Whisper72

Explorer
Hmmm... I am surprised by all the love given de Draconomicon, which I personally thought a book that looks beautiful maybe, but the content was imho lacking. Not a single original idea in there...

For me the DMG1 is still the best, most packed with stuff book. For 3.X I'd have to say the ECS is my favorite...

DrZombie

First Post
7th sea D20 (swashbuckling adventures), good for both crunch and fluff, some of the prestige classes are very nice, and I love a good pirate's tale.

Remove ads