• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite non-human PHB race.

Favorite non-human PHB race.

• Dwarves

Votes: 137 36.9%
  • Elves

Votes: 92 24.8%
  • Gnomes

Votes: 36 9.7%
  • Half-elves

Votes: 37 10.0%
  • Half-orcs

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Halflings

Votes: 42 11.3%

Dark Jezter

First Post
A topic that's been addressed many times over the years, but what's your favorite non-human race in the Player's Handbook?

For me, it's dwarves. No question about it. :cool:

Chunklets

First Post
Another dwarf fan here. I've been toying with the idea of playing a dwarf for my next campaign character, although I haven't settled on a class yet (paladin, perhaps?).

Turanil

First Post
Clearly I do prefer dwarves, though I can't say why. I would love elves if they were Tolkien elves, but I don't like the DnD version that look like teen-agers. In any case, in both cases, it's not a matter of game mechanics, but what these races stand for.

Anyway, I am surprised that so many people do love dwarves so much.

Munin

First Post
This is a tough one for me. Not a single race from the PHB is how I imagine them to be, so I always change them in some way.

Take dwarves for example. I've never fought a giant, and I've never set hand to a smithy in game, and I've played several dwarves. Elves seem to make better rogues than wizards to me, being the sneaky little b*stards they are.
Had to pick dwarves as my favorites, though. Nothing quite laying down some smack with a good ole' dwarven fighter.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Halflings! They're the most "human" in personality -- they've got the least cultural baggage -- and I don't have to fake a Scottish accent.

-- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads