D&D 5E Favorite Unusual Races/Lineages

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Honest question for anyone who has answered: Have you actually played a campaign with all the races you have answered with?

I was about to answer the question, and then found myself saying, well, I have never really played a tortle before, but I have made a character. (Just in case I get the chance! ;) )
I have Shadar-Kai and Vryloka in every campaign I run, and I have played a couple Shadar-Kai.

Havent played a changeling, bc the couple times I tried the campaign never happened.

It’s interesting to see Changeling coming up a lot. I’ve been fascinated by the idea for a while but have never had a concept for one that got me inspired. (Other than wanting to play one in a home game as an excuse to use a bunch of different miniatures for the one character).

Recently we started playing a wuxia themed campaign and one of the other players is using Changeling as a basis for a Tanuki character which I think is pretty cool idea.

I like the warforged to roleplay characters who have to learn social skills, and years before baby Yoda/Grogu was popular I like the blue, a psionic goblin subrace because there were the little ugly duckling of the psionic humanoids.

I like the aasimar because they are noble hearts, by totally ignored by the fandom who would rather the tielflings because these have got the look of "bad guys but not really evil".

Niafel

Explorer
1. Tabaxi. Always the tabaxi. I'm playing one right now, in fact. (paladin of Sune)
2. I've always wanted to play a wemic but never had the chance to. Someday!
3. Gnolls. I played one in a long-ago campaign and had a good time with her.
4. Kobolds. I've just started playing a kobold ranger, and it's too soon to see how he works out, but I think he's a really neat character.
5. I'd really like to play an aasimar someday. I'm into the angel aesthetic.

Bolares

Hero
Warforged, Changeling, Shifter....

Besides all the reasons stated here, changellings are the best for using the cantrip Friends, offensivelly. Transform in to someone you don't like and make the entire city hate them!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I forgot the , thing which I no longer remember how to spell okay.

You know what else is a great race? The Comma Chameleon!

Every grammar Nazi you see is always gonna make you pay
If I use a comma instead of an apostrophe would you say
I'm a man (a man) with an improper abstraction
I'm a man (a man) who doesn't know
How to write (to write) a contraction
You come and go, you come and go

Comma, comma, comma, comma, comma chameleon
You come and go, you come and go
Grammar would be easy if I could punctuate like my memes
ALL CAPS FOR MEMES ALL CATS FOR MEMES!11!!!!

Last edited:

Remove ads