• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat chains that make Run and Endurance worthwhile?

Christian

Explorer
theredrobedwizard said:
Dragonkith (Draconomicon) requires Endurance, as does Battlerager (Races of Faerun). I can't seem to find any that require Run.

Peregrine Runner (Races of Stone) requires both Endurance and Run.

And you have to be a Goliath. So it probably won't come up much ...

Felix

Explorer
Ogrork the Mighty said:
There's a couple of additional feats out there that make Run more useful. One allows a directional change but I can't remember what the other one does.
Fleet of Foot allows the 90 degree turn in a charge.

I like the idea of the Run feat allowing you to Run over difficult terrain, or at least reduce the penalties. So a square that takes 10 feet of movement only takes 5; a square that takes 15 feet of movement only takes 10, et cetera.

Darklone

Ah yeah... I was worried for a moment that retaining your Dex bonus to AC was a houserule, it's not.

So if you're surrounded by rogues, running away with the feat is an option.

frankthedm

First Post
Darklone said:
Ah yeah... I was worried for a moment that retaining your Dex bonus to AC was a houserule, it's not.

So if you're surrounded by rogues, running away with the feat is an option.
You know the AoO will still happen while you were in the flanked position.

Thurbane

First Post
Thanks for the replies.

I seem to remember seeing one in Cityscape that uses Endurance as a requisite, and makes you immune/resistant to Sickened and Nauseated conditions?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
there is a teamwork benefit where everyone in the party moves at the speed of the leader -
great for adored hafling companions, and heavy armored mooks. Or in my parties case the earth elemental druid companion.

Darklone

frankthedm said:
You know the AoO will still happen while you were in the flanked position.
I do, but the char in question was a barbarian with Imp Uncanny Dodge... Flanking didn't bother him, but losing his dex because of running does.

ken stout

First Post
Barbarian half-orc with Run and Dash, carrying a limp kobold sorcerer and a limp gnome wizard on his backpack and picked up the human cleric (who got reduced by the gnome) can outrun cavalry.

We used that once.

I don't think that is possible. A light war horse's base movement is 60. It has the run feat, so it can gallop at 330 in a round. A Medium size barbarian has a base of 40. With run and dash, the cavalry would overrun them pretty easily.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads