• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat feedback

Quickleaf

Legend
Got some new feats for an Arabian Nights style game that uses action points.
What do you think?

Heartening Laugh
Your laughter warms your allies’ hearts and stirs their souls.
Prerequisite: Charisma 14 or greater
Benefit: Once per game session, when you spend an Action point, you may apply the benefit to all allies. This is accompanied by a loud laugh in the face of danger.

Quotable Wit
You are an endless source of witty repartees, proverbs, and one-liners.
Prerequisities: Inteligence 14 or greater (secular); or Wisdom 14 or greater (pious)
Benefit: When you say a witty one-liner, you may spend an Action point to designate it as a piece of “quotable wit.” A piece of quotable wit grants a +2 bonus to any related situation in which is it used. A maximum of three pieces of quotable wit may be used in any game session per character with this feat. Likewise, each piece of quotable wit may only be used once, and only those characters which heard its original use may benefit from the quotable wit. Your enemies may not hi-jack your quotable wit; only your allies may benefit.
For example, Rafiqi the rogue, while facing a band of midget robbers quips, “My mother always told me bad things come in small packages.” His player designates this as quotable wit, spending an Action point. Rafiqi gains a +2 bonus to rolls facing the dwarves that take advantage of their size. Later, Rafiqi’s fiancé Arnawaz acquires a magical box with an ominous skull on the front. Tempted (a magical charm effect) to open it she muses: “My mother always told me bad things come in small packages.” Arnawaz gets +2 on her Will save to resist opening the box.

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Quickleaf said:
Heartening Laugh
Your laughter warms your allies’ hearts and stirs their souls.
Benefit: Once per game session, when you spend an Action point, you may apply the benefit to all allies. This is accompanied by a loud laugh in the face of danger.

I'd require 13 or 15 Charisma for this.

Quickleaf said:
Quotable Wit
You are an endless source of witty repartees, proverbs, and one-liners.
Prerequisities: Charisma 14 or greater
Benefit: When you say a witty one-liner, you may spend an Action point to designate it as a piece of “quotable wit.” A piece of quotable wit grants a +2 bonus to any related situation in which is it used. A maximum of three pieces of quotable wit may be used in any game session per character with this feat. Likewise, each piece of quotable wit may only be used once, and only those characters which heard its original use may benefit from the quotable wit. Your enemies may not hi-jack your quotable wit; only your allies may benefit.

Wit? I'd make this Intelligence. Sounds more Trickster-archtype.

Make the first one Cha-oriented and the second one Int-based and you've got my support. :)

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Ah, intereting. Yes, pithy wit & wisdom do indeed co-exist, side by side. I like. :)

My one remaining quibble is that Feats always require at least an odd ability score -- Dodge, TWF chain, Combat Expertise, etc. So, I'd make the pre-req 13 (for a 25-pb game) or 15 (for a 32-pb game). Only if your point buy is exactly 29 would I agree with 14. ;)

-- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads