[Feb 2016] What are you watching?

Elodan

Adventurer
Bob's Burger's

The Simpsons

Family Guy

X-Files - Really enjoying the new season.

Supergirl - Decent, not great. Been thinking about dropping it as there's a little too much drama for the sake of drama, and the fight scenes look fake.

American Dad - Still fun. The move by TBS to make it "edgier" almost made it worse.

The Flash - Still loving it. Actually watch it in real time.

Agent Carter - Started better than the first season. The romance between Peggy and the scientist feels a little forced but I'm liking it.

Shannara Chronicles - Writing seems to be getting worse. Will probably stick it out through the rest of the season but that's it.

The Expanse - Technically over, but one of my new favorites. Well written, will have to pick up the books.

Arrow - May drop this one, too much brooding. Probably suffers when compared to the Flash. I have 4 on the DVR and haven't been all that interested in watching them.

Star Wars: Rebels - A little uneven but I really like it.

Big Bang Theory

Legends of Tomorrow
- One the fence.

Colony
- Surprisingly, enjoying this one a lot. Good character driven show.

Slowly watching the remastered / new effects original Star Trek on Netflix, about 2/3 through the first season. Also, watching the occasional Bruin's game.

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
Just finishing up "War and Peace" on the BBC, and we're watching the third series of "Agents of SHIELD". We miss a lot of shows as we don't have any form of pay-TV, and don't seek them out online. (So, yeah, I still haven't seen S5 of "Game of Thrones"!)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just finished the first series of Happy Valley. Wow. Gritty! New series starts on Tuesday.

Still watching all of the superhero things.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Agent Carter, Grimm, Sleepy Hollow, Big Bang Theory, and Black Sails are shows I try not miss. I do not miss X-Files, Elementary, The Expanse, or The Blacklist. War and Peace has been good, from what I have seen, and Supergirl as well. I'll probably catch up with Shannara when I can binge it sometime down the road (though I saw the first episode) and that Beowulf show is one I definitely want to see. Colony is another I will binge once it is done with the season. Penny Dreadful will be on the must watch list when it comes back around.

Jhaelen

First Post
Nothing from the OP's list... but several of them haven't been shown on free TV yet, here in Germany. Last (good) show I watched was Vikings (2nd season).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I've dropped normal TV and now do everything via internet. That means I watch the Superhero shows ondemand and am enjoying The Flash and Agent Carter in particular.

I also came across An African City which is billed as "Ghanaian Sex in the City", perhaps it appeals to the Anthropologist in me but I'm really enjoying its take on modern successful middle class women in Africa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg7hUuWKe2U&feature=share

I agree that Agent Carter has found its groove and this season feels better than the first, I don't think the relationship with the scientist is too force but rather the inherent tension of him being a black scientist in the 1950's isn't quite sparking.

Also Agree that Supergirl has too much drama for the sake of drama and the storyline with Aunt Girl-Zod is mind-numbing. The show is saved by Calista Flockhart and Cats relationship with Kara are the best moments of the show. I'm currently watching it to see what they do with the Martian Manhunter

Sadly I think Arrow is getting to the end of its run. The story has moved to resolution with him proposing and running for mayor. I also think that choosing to pirate Batmans groove was a bad move and running a season of "Heir to the Demon" was a step too far which they're never going to overcome without completely jumping the shark. Its lost direction atm although I still watch it in order to compare to The Flash and hopefully to see Mister Terrific come into his own

Legends of Tomorrow started terribly but the last two episodes haven't been too cringeworthy, I will watch:).

Mallus

Legend
I'm watching...

THE EXPANSE! EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THE EXPANSE!! READ THE BOOKS, TOO!!!

(please excuse the shouting, but it's really quite good, a very strong 10 episode first season)

Supergirl -- I think it's charming, like the first season of the Flash (to be fair, it has nothing as good as Tom Cavanagh in it, though Calista Flockhart's Anna Wintour-by-way-of-an-Ally-McBeal-character is pretty good).

MTV Presents the CW's Lord of the Rings, aka The Shannara Chronicles. It's both as good & as bad as a high-budget TV adaptation of shlocky 1980s-era Waldenbooks fantasy paperback should be. The show takes me back to being to 15. Which is net positive since I'm now on the wrong side of 45, i.e. almost 47.

The all-kid version of Chopped. I'm still something of a Chopped addict.

Replays from the Australian Open. Poor Roger... and poorer Nadal. But wow, way to go Novak.

Series 2 of Black Books. Finally. After having friends recommend it for, like 10 years.

The Sherlock Christmas special, now which time-traveling mind palaces. I liked it. But I'm a sucker for Moffat and Cumberbatch.

Up next, I've got the Blu-ray of Hannibal season 3 in need of watching, plus catching up with season 2 of Agent Carter, and finishing Jessica Jones.

I also need to start going through the films mentioned in that awesome cinemaphile Youtube channel "Every Frame a Painting". Starting with Bong Joon-ho's true crime film Memories of Murder. It was featured in the video on ensemble staging.

edit: and Star Wars Rebels, too.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases