• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers Chapter #3: Unearthing the Past party stats and ooc

Festy_Dog

First Post
I just wanna say that this campaign is incredibly interesting and entertaining. I've been reading it since it started and it has always had good pace and an interesting plot line. The way the characters have character :D and interact certainly adds quite a lot as well.

Just my 2 cents, :)
Festy_Dog

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
Thanks Festy!

See ya back at Gobtales…

Jay

ps. The Fist of Duvik is missing a finger now, I would certainly recommend you to join the group. Of course, that's up to jasamcarl and you, but I wouldn't mind :D

jasamcarl

First Post
Thanks for the compliment Festy. And yes, we might have need of another player. I would like to keep the party up to five whenever possible so that a departure will not cripple us.

If you join, however, it might not be until the next chapter, though probably before, and I will probably start you at first level.

What character class were you thinking. Background and all of that can be handled by email.

My address is jasamcarl@hotmail.com

jasamcarl

First Post
Oh, and I am going to slow down the pace of my posts to one a day for Krug. If anybody has strong feelings about this the other way, let me know.

jasamcarl

First Post
mirthcard said:

I'll pick this apart a little bit, but I'm growing quickly bored of it.

Twice in the game, the thief was described by jasamcarl as "a boy" and twice as "a youth" NOT as "a young man", so in the game that point of your argument falls apart.

As for being too cut and dry, the alignment system is a guideline - a cut and dry one. There is Good. There is Evil. There is Law. There is Chaos. There is Neutrality. Pretty cut and dry, if you ask me. RL isn't like that by any means, but D&D certainly is. If it still is too cut and dry for you, I would suggest changing Jericho to a Chaotic Neutral character.

If you want to bring culture into the alignment debate, then any Evil act can be justified. Hitler felt the Jews were Evil and, in his eyes, ridding the Earth of that Evil was justified. He certainly felt no remorse about his actions. He believed himself to be a Christian (the swastika, his main symbol, was a cross) and that he was doing the work of God. In his culture, those who followed him believed this as well. Using your argument, how would you classify his alignment in D&D terms? If you want to join a similar debate about Torquemada, have a look at this thread:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?threadid=30158

I think you're the one with the weak argument. But I still love you, man :D

We'll have to agree to disagree,

Jay

Very good points on all sides, but you have to remember that morality is traditionally defined as an absolute state of being, not specific actions. DND traditionally associates 'good' with life and 'evil' with death, but good characters kill things all the time. The only consistent line one can follow is that good/evil are a matter of intent, while law and chaos are of the means. Thus, though Jericho might have taken a life, his intent was still good because he prevented the loss of life that would have resulted from undeterred crime.

Assuming Hitler was honestly conscerned with the purity of life? In that case i might say that he was CG in practice and LG in theory, but with a wis of somewhere around 3? :) But I honestly think his motives were far and away more selfish and generally disgusting, like most radical elites. OT. That rant was strictly academic and will play little or no role in my campaign, so don't worry. :)

On the confusion of your character's culture, that is all up to you. If Tarowyn holds that slavery is immoral, than i'm going to assume that his tribe holds similar beliefs. If any of you wish, you can take an active part in world building as well; in fact, i encourage you to. :)

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
I'm thinking along the lines of rogue or bard, but I'm open to opinions of what the party might need exactly. How should I get stats?

jasamcarl

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
I'm thinking along the lines of rogue or bard, but I'm open to opinions of what the party might need exactly. How should I get stats?

I think the rogue would be a good idea, given that we have the other bases pretty well covered. That skill list will probably come in handy when we head back into dungeon territory.

I will post in the game forum later today by the way.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
I will be out of town from the 23rd to the 2nd of December... i.e. tomorrow, and so just keep Jericho killing stuff, and being gruff, and smarmy... and hitting on the chicks... ciao...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads