Feint Whispers Chapter #8: You will Rune the Day...

jasamcarl

First Post
ooc: our elfie is leveling from a daddy of one to a daddie of two. I'll do the 'set out' post tommorow. He can interject as he is able. :)

jasamcarl

First Post
After making their preperations, the party sets out for Travensburg, descending from the hilly forest towards the open, fertile planes of the valley. As the hours pass, the stalks of wheat grow thicker and taller and the occasional signs of habitation can be seen, from small farmsteads and tracks in the soil (Tarowyn) to dropped tools and weapons and the occasional gravestone. But no sound rises to support the idea that anyone works the fields currently; its all dead silence.

Around late afternoon, the outlying cottages of the villiage of Travensburg become visible some 300ft in front of you. No signs of movement are apparent. About a mile north of the town and the same distance northwest of the party, you can see the faint outlines of the hills where you (excepting Norri) traveled in pursuit of the bandits that plagued Travensburg all those weeks past and where you discovered the vestiges of what were once Dwarven mines and burial caverns.

Dusk is settling over the valley, the sun settling early in acknowledgment of the oncoming winter. Stars bespeckle the sky.

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus says to the others, "Well I'm grateful to be on the road again. And it's just a BIT too quiet around here..."

Festy_Dog

First Post
"It'll be easier to move under the cover of night. I'm guessing you guys know the way to these Dwarven mines?" he asks, keeping a wary eye on the hills ahead.

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"It'll be easier to move under the cover of night. I'm guessing you guys know the way to these Dwarven mines?" he asks, keeping a wary eye on the hills ahead.

Jericho nods and looks to Bhartus, "You familiar with these mines, Bhartus?"

Whitney frowns a lot as they ride up to the village, clearly troubled by this turn of events. Eventually she speaks quietly as they watch the sun set. "Sometimes, I wish I was still an unacknowledged child. My title means that this is part my fault, as a noble I've failed in my trust with the people to keep this peace." frowns. "I'm tired of this war."

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Whitney frowns a lot as they ride up to the village, clearly troubled by this turn of events. Eventually she speaks quietly as they watch the sun set. "Sometimes, I wish I was still an unacknowledged child. My title means that this is part my fault, as a noble I've failed in my trust with the people to keep this peace." frowns. "I'm tired of this war."
"Get over yourself... this is larger then you mere title," Jericho replies back.

jasamcarl

First Post
Krug said:
"I will try to recall," says Bhartus...

So do I, great DM? ;)

Bharuts: Aye, you recall the location of the Dwarven tomb. It was the site of the Fist's first action under their new name and outside of the vicinity of Duvik's Pass following the ordeal of the 'Burning Plague'. You were infanct almost strangled to death by some vile creature from within the mines (see below) and uncovered further depths through solving some ancient puzzle only to the discover that the deeper levels had been caved in.

MM35_PG35a.jpg

ooc: just to make sure everyone's memory is atleast somewhat freshened, i'll post a link or two. It really all falls (except for Norri) within character knowledge at this point.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/ch/ch20000901e

Remove ads