• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fellow PC with an unfortunate name

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Oh I forgot to mention he wields a spiked chain. Hmm, any snakey euphemisms for that?

Besides the aforementioned Andy Conda? Or do you mean for the spiked chain itself?

If it's the latter, I'd just say "He's overcompensating."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Or are you just giving me a hard time

I think you got the thrust of the joke!

Anyway, it's a real sausage fest in here...how much longer can we keep this up? More importantly, will we need to call healthcare professionals?

Oh, nurse....

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Or you simply ask the player and DM to change the name to something more serious. Explain that it is spoiling your sense of fantasy.
and
Basically, there are two ways to handle situations like these. You can have a spot of fun with it, or try to tell a fellow player what to do. I wonder which approach has the greatest chance for a positive outcome...
Personally, I vote for fun (of course)... But if you go DragonLancer's route, sit down and collect your thoughts first- you don't want to go off half-cocked. Then write it all up in an email with a respectful tone. That way, you'll really see if the penis mightier than the sword.

Quickleaf

Legend
and

Personally, I vote for fun (of course)... But if you go DragonLancer's route, sit down and collect your thoughts first- you don't want to go off half-cocked. Then write it all up in an email with a respectful tone. That way, you'll really see if the penis mightier than the sword.

Well, different strokes for different folks.

Personally pun names are fine. Our game isn't exactly beer n pretzels, but it's definitely on the more casual side. Still, if I was going for a pun name I'd at least put some more though into it than Biggus Dickus. Shoot even Lancealot would be better!

I mean what are we, a bunch of 13 year olds snickering at dirty jokes?

Wait....

Remove ads