Fellowship of the Witching Hour - Part I

Lucean

First Post
Phillip stared at the woman for a moment, then shot a disapproving glance at Sam.

"She comes here under false pretenses to learn who we are and you want to offer her your best drinks? You know of many people who want homes with occult symbols in them?"

Dlsharrock

First Post
Cyndy frowns when she sees the newcomers, but obeys Sam's request and tootles off to fix the drinks.

The huge Chinaman pulls up a seat next to Sam and smiles a wide toothy smile at the offer of a drink on the house. "Most thanks, pretty lady," he grins.

Cara groans, "you're supposed to be my muscle, quit bein' nice."

"So sorry."

Philip said:
"She comes here under false pretenses to learn who we are and you want to offer her your best drinks? You know of many people who want homes with occult symbols in them?"

"Gee sweety, real winning personality you got going on there." Cara lights another cigarette, talks like a racing train, allowing nobody else a lookin until she's done: "You stop to think that maybe toots here knows there ain't no such thing as bad press huh? She's runnin' a bar. Hell, I'd pretty much assumed this whole thing was a publicity stunt anyways. More to the point, I'd hate to have to walk away from this quaint little bar of yours lacking the facts. Why- I reckon the only thing I could so then is make somethin' up and that would be... well heck, it would just be unprofessional. So whaddya say there Mr Grumpy Bear, why not just let me know what it is you're all up to in here and I'll just pass it on to Joe Shmo and let him make up his own mind. 'Less of course, you'd sooner I made his mind up for him?"

She flicks a centimetre of ash in the direction of an ashtray shaped like a cupped bird claw and misses.

OOC
Just in case there's confusion, it's Kook's turn next. I think he's away for a day, so there may be a delay.

Last edited:

kookalouris

First Post
Internet barely back, faster post than I would like...

"You know of many people who want homes with occult symbols in them?"

Phillip's question hung in the air. Sam was still 'airborne' over her compliment. It had been a long time since anyone had seen past the scars. Truth or flattery, it was still welcome.

"Phillip, However many people have occult symbols in their houses, I need every single one of them to make the my 'Ripley's believe it or not' work. My 'best' stuff has dust on the bottles."

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Initiative Reminder]
Turn sequence (as much to remind me as anyone else. I'm going to post one of these reminders on each new page of the thread from now on)

start sequence...
Greenstar as Arabella (your turn now, greenstar)
Dlsharrock as Adam West
Lucean as Philip
Dlsharrock as Keeper
Kookalouris as Sam
...back to start[/SBLOCK]

greenstar

First Post
Arabella ignores the talk about if Sam should give drinks to Cara and says "Who wants to know about what we are doing? And you said something about rumours about us. What rumours? And like I said we come here to talk about the unexplained. Anyone can join."

Dlsharrock

First Post
Adam sits back and listens. He's disgruntled, having guessed that Cara was flattering him just to pull the wool over his eyes.

Lucean

First Post
Phillip returned his gaze to Cara, his tongue clicking. He did understand Sam's point, but it did not change how much he disliked the question.

"Arabella raises good points. Exactly what kind of rumors have you been hearing of us?" Phillip rested his hands on his knees. "Besides, are you truly telling us that somebody came in to this bar and heard us talking about some occultic garbage that alarmed to the point that they became worried and started calling you people after us. Have you looked around?" Phillip nodded his head at the surrounding bar.

"No offense to Sam here, but there's a reason her best bottles have dust on them. The people you described would have a heart attack from the interior decoration alone before they even stumbled over one of our discussions. What did this phonecall even say exactly?

Dlsharrock

First Post
Cara blinks patiently as the Doctor revoices Arabella's questions in his own inimicable way. "I never divulge a source, Mr Bear. But I guess the fellow in question may have been passing and fancied himself a beer. There's no sign outside says you gotta be foaming at the mouth to come inside, huh? I gotta tell you though, the decor ain't to my tastes either, but if I was dryer than the Nevada.. who knows. Ah, now here's somethin' you don't see every day: a mobile barmaid. That your idea Sam? Good sense of fun you got. I'm startin' to guess why all this gear's been laid out and I'm guessing it has little to do with spooks and more to do with novelty. Smart thinkin'."

Cyndy rolls up to the table and chews her gum at the newcomers, grins flirtatiously at the big Chinaman "whaddlyahav cute-stuff?"

Once the drinks are ordered Cara returns her steady gaze to Arabella. She chain smokes and drinks as she talks. "I'm a journalist honey, I pick up gossip in my sleep. Rumours tend to roll my way. But you guys ain't exactly keepin' it under your hat. I found the bar from the address on the small ad you been running."

She smiles at Philip again, "don't think I got your name yet Mr Bear. Y'kinda remind me of Roosevelt. Same brooding good looks. I bet you're an intellectual though, right? Brains behind the outfit?"

kookalouris

First Post
Sam's thoughts...

"Actually, Cyndy on wheels was her idea but I wouldn't never say no to her. She's a smart enough pilot to only fly an inch off of the ground."

"But you have aced it, Cara, ghosts don't pay the bills. Ordinary joes who believe in ghosts might. So, for myself, any publicity, even notoriety can only help this bar."

"So, I vote yes for you being a part of the group, at least for tonight, or until there is a reason to feel otherwise. If the group feels differently, I will respect their privacy."

"In any case, the Witching Hour might make a good fluff or mood piece for your paper. Frankly, sales in this creepy place have never been enough."

Sam's next words surprised her. "But I don't think I would change it. Somehow, all of this strangeness seems right for this town."

[SBLOCK=OOC for David, although others may freely read.]
David, feel free to work these comments into conversation as you will. Paraphrase them or just refer to them as you need to. It's difficult to structure a real-time conversation by posting. :)

Ultimately, Sam wants to talk with Cara. But she won't go against the group's wishes and talk about the group in that case. Should the group say no to Cara, Sam will still try and work out a mutually profitable article on the Witching Hour Bar.

Internet seems to be back, maybe some more OOC today from me.

Gerry
[/SBLOCK]

greenstar

First Post
Arabella has a hard time believing someone who could be scared of their discussions would walk into the bar no matter how much they wanted a drink but leaves more questions about that for Phillip. "Are there any more questions?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases