Dlsharrock - Keeper
greenstar - Arabella
Bialaska - New gal
Lucean - Dr Phil
Kookalouris - Sam[/SBLOCK]

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC greenstar]
Bit quick off the mark there greenstar ;)
I find the best way to keep track of the sequence is to remember the name of the person who goes before me. Should be easy in your case as it's the keeper every time.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC everyone]Kook, was that your turn or do you have IC to add now that the turn initiative is clearer?

Just so we know where we are, it's either Kook's turn (if he has IC to add) or my turn next.

Just also to remind all players, if you post just OOC when it's your place in the turn sequence, it can be confusing unless you make it clear you're just asking an OOC question and haven't had your in-game turn yet. The initiative is pretty confusing right now as it is, what with Dire leaving and Bialaska joining, and should become more intuitive when we've been playing longer with no blips. I recommend checking the initiative reminder, which I'm placing on every new page in the thread, before you post your turn just to make sure it's your go.

All in all it's best to post OOC questions or comments outside your place in the turn sequence so you don't wind up missing a go.

And just to put my money where my mouth is, this is purely OOC and not my IC turn. I'll have that next depending on Kook's response.[/SBLOCK]

kookalouris

First Post
Internet troubles...

[SBLOCK=Possibly out-of-sequence OOC post to everyone]

My apologies for getting things out of sequence. For my own education, are OOC questions and asides also sequenced, even if SBLOCK'ed?

In any case, I have finally pegged my intermittent internet access to a dying wireless router. Unfortunately, what confirmed my theory was the router becoming completely non-functional.

I am currently borrowing a friend's computer to make this post and I cannot tarry. Come payday (Friday or thereabouts), I will buy a new wireless router and/or an ethernet cable as needed.

Until then, I give David permission to play my character should I be late or just assume Sam just listens quietly. I apologize that I will be lost in the Dreamlands right after I have bollixed up sequence.

Feedback is always welcome, it just may take a little bit of time to respond. :D

Gerry

[/sblock]

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Everyone]Hehe. Could this be any more confusing? :D

Bialaska, welcome to the game :D The turn sequence system does work, I promise. I know it looks mad now, but once we get into the flow it does level out and make more sense.

To answer Kookalouris and generally remind all players:

You can post OOC comments anytime, not only when it's your turn. An OOC comment post does not represent the player's turn and should be ignored in terms of the turn sequence.

You should only ever post IC when it's your turn. If someone's post contains IC stuff, assume that was their turn in the sequence.

You can post OOC and IC on your turn. If someone's post contains IC and OOC stuff, assume that was their turn in the sequence.

I advise against just posting OOC on your turn and not IC at the same time because it confuses the hell out of the turn sequence.[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=OOC Kookalouris]No problem, Kook. I'll NPC Sam for now. Come back whenever you can (but let me know if you can't). I don't know if it's viable for you, but your local library probably offers free computer/internet services. It's proven a life saver to me in the past when I've had breakdown issues.[/SBLOCK]
OOC: Yes, my turn, then greenstar.

BIC
"No, no Sam," Cara grabs Sam's hand as she's about to stand, "Chen's a big boy. I'm sure he can find the door, assuming he gets past the bar. More likely I'll be picking him up on the way out."

Sam sits back down.

To Arabella's question Cara replies, "I'm a reporter honey, a magnet for gossip, of course I've heard. And let me tell you..."

Philip said:
"I see my concerns have fallen to deaf ears. So, if you two ladies do not mind-" Phillip pushed himself to a standing position, pressing his leg to the ground so that it would straighten. "I shall leave you two to speak with all your hearts content as I go out to catch some air. Maybe you can even give her a reading, Arabelle, if you remembered to bathe your cards in the blood of virgins earlier today?"

Taking his coat from the arm of the chair Phillip started to limp towards the door, not even glancing back.
Cara watches him go, eyes primarily on his awkward leg, "hm. Looks like two votes to one."

Arabella said:
Arabella quickly goes after Phillip looking confused and sad. "Wait! I didn't mean to insult you!
"Never run after a man, honey," Cara advises, but Arabella has already rushed off. The reporter turns back to Sam and smiles. "So, tell me about this place, Sam."...

Meanwhile on another side of the bar, Cyndy, the rollerskating barmaid, slides over to a newcomer who has just sat down. She pauses, allowing a large, burly looking Chimaman dressed in a tight fitting checked shirt and a green dickie bow to trundle by. He wears a skull cap and spectacles. Around his neck hangs a camera. Though his expression is somewhat meek, he looks capable of snapping trees with his bare hands. He grins at the barmaid, "er, can I have a beer please?"

"Be with you in a mo, sweetcheeks," she says, and rolls around him and heads for the new arrival.

"Hi sweetheart, still cold out?" She chews her gum, pencil poised on her notepad, "y'hungry? Fish stew's still on the menu."

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Greenstar]It's your turn. See the top of post 88 or the turn initiative order which I posted somewhere on this page. Your turn always comes straight after mine :)[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads