• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fellowship of the Witching Hour - Part I

Bialaska

First Post
The woman gives no reply to the barmaid's quick comment, but instead turns her entire attention to the one in front of her.

"Oh, my dear, did I forget to introduce myself? Oh, I guess I did, how dreadful. My name is Megan Archer-Davies. As for my reason for being here, then I am simply seeking others with the same interests as I have.

[SBLOCK=OOC to Dlsharrock]Megan's name has a bit of fame, to a select few. Some of the other characters (in this case Bella), may have heard of her[/SBLOCK]

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC greenstar]Arabella recognises the name as that of a well known writer, an author of young adult horror. Arabella has probably even read one of her books.[/SBLOCK]

Lucean

First Post
[SBLOCK=Phillip's plans]
Phillip will spend a few more minutes just calming down outside, then he will make his way to the diner across the street to catch something to eat before returning to the bar and hoping the reporter is long gone.
[/SBLOCK]

kookalouris

First Post
I'm baaaack....

[SBLOCK=OOC]
...the stars are right...
...the brain cylinders refilled...

Folks, I think I'm back. :)

For now, an ethernet cable has allowed serviceable internet access for the foreseeable future.

I will try and time my re-entry so that David doesn't waste a post for Sam.

Should this cause any kind of a hiccup, just assume that Sam is listening quietly to Cara (which she would have been anyway).

It's good to be back. :D

Gerry
[/SBLOCK]

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=Initiative Reminder]
Dlsharrock - Keeper
greenstar - Arabella
Bialaska - New gal
Lucean - Dr Phil
Kookalouris - Sam
[/SBLOCK][SBLOCK=OOC Kookalouris]Welcome back Kook! You're up next. Did you see my comment before about library internet connections? Anyway, consider Cara to be grilling Sam about how she came to own the Witching Hour, I'll trust you to roll in with some kind of ongoing conversation and I'll pick up on your lead.[/SBLOCK][SBLOCK=OOC Lucean]You can put more generalised roleplay stuff outside an SBLOCK as it's not strictly OOC. You're still telling us what Philip is doing, so it constitutes an in character turn. If you'd rather other players didn't read it, feel free to put it in an SBLOCK, but mark it IC so we know you're using your place in the turn sequence. I'm assuming that was your turn this time round.[/SBLOCK][SBLOCK=OOC Everyone]I'd like to experiment with a trial method for playing. Please take note from the initiative order who comes after you. For me it's greenstar. For greenstar it's Bialaska. For Bialaska it's Lucean. For Lucean it's Kookalouris, and for Kook it's me. From now on, when you've posted a turn, on a new line, always at the bottom of your post and always right aligned (highlight the name and click the right align widget), please put the name of the player (not the player character, so greenstar, rather than Arabella, or Lucean rather than Philip) whose go it is next in the turn sequence, giving the next player an unmissable prompt that you're done with your turn and they're up next. Kinda like handing over the baton in a relay race. I think this'll make things less confusing :)

example:

Cyndy soon comes trundling back with a tonic water into which she's popped a small pink umbrella. She plonks a scarf on the table too, eyeing the newcomer with a sideways look, "here y'go toots. Lost property. Y'can keep that." She rolls away again.

greenstar​

Obviously, not in quotes. This just makes it clearer to see the example. And if you put stuff in SBLOCKs, the name should always be outside the SBLOCK, like this:

[SBLOCK=sblocked stuff]Cyndy soon comes trundling back with a tonic water into which she's popped a small pink umbrella. She plonks a scarf on the table too, eyeing the newcomer with a sideways look, "here y'go toots. Lost property. Y'can keep that." She rolls away again.[/SBLOCK]

greenstar​

When you're posting OOC comments only and not taking your turn, put the name of the player whose go it is next. So, using the above example, if I prompted greenstar to play her turn next but Kookalouris wanted to throw in an OOC comment out of turn sequence, he can do so but needs to remind greenstar it's still her turn next by adding her name at the bottom of his OOC turn. Make sense? So if there's a heap of OOC after the last in-sequence turn, we can all still clearly see whose go it is next.

And obviously, hold off taking your turn until you see your own name prompted.

Any confusion let me know. Sounds complicated, but in the long run it should make it a lot easier to see what's going on and where we are in the sequence. I'll start the ball rolling with this post.
[/SBLOCK]
Kookalouris​

kookalouris

First Post
IC post

"I honestly believe this group needs the cobwebs knocked off of it, Cara, but I can't talk about this group without the permission of the group. Sooner or later, I think we will need to vote about this and my vote will be 'yes.'"

Sam continued.

"But, until then, let's talk about you."

kookalouris

First Post
Ooc

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Sam will try not to talk about the group until a least a majority of the group wills it. Of course, Sam is a plain-spoken farm girl and (I imagine) Cara is a skilled interviewer (and most of interrogation is actually conversation).

What Sam wants to do is try and learn more about Cara. Most likely to make the best case for Cara to the group.

Yep, I did read your notes about using the local libraries, David. Good idea. Currently, though, I am in 'do-or-die' training for this job (if I don't pass, I'm fired) so my time is committed to work and home. As it turns out, I was able to follow the game through work computers but filtering software would not let me respond. Maddening.

Besides, if there is one thing Lovecraft's stories have taught me, there is no place more dangerous than a library, especially the old tomes section. :D

Gerry
[/SBLOCK]

Dlsharrock

First Post
OOC: Can everyone read the (OOC Everyone) SBLOCK in my last message. Thanks.

IC
"Not much to tell about me," Cara peers around, looking a little frustrated that all the group except Sam have disappeared. "Listen, this has been swell, and I'd love to run a promo on your lovely..." she rolls her eyes around the immediate vicinity, "bar. But I've got a home to go to and what I have here, well, it won't stop the presses honey. Maybe I'll stick something in the Sunday supplemental. I wouldn't expect a bull rush come Sunday night though."

She thanks Sam for her hospitality and understanding and makes her excuses, leaving the bar owner sitting alone with a final, casual "see y'around".

Moments later, from his seat by the window in the diner across the way, Doctor Philip LeGraid witnesses the odious reporter and her Chinese photographer exiting the Witching Hour and walking away into the fog, the huge Chinaman banging shoulders with a group of drunk soldiers as he makes his way down Garrison street.

One of the soldiers turns and yells a torrent of racial slurs and threats, though as far as Philip can tell the Chinaman doesn't react (it's hard to see with all the fog). The soldiers bustle around in a group, lighting cigarettes, patting their arms across their chests for warmth and talking animatedly. One glances up at the Witching Hour sign and turns to the others. They discuss something between themselves then seem to reach an agreement and head inside.

Philip's food order arrives seconds later.

greenstar​

Remove ads