Fellowship of the Witching Hour - Part I

greenstar

First Post
"You're Megan Archer-Davies? I have your first book, The Curse of the Aberford's. I think the plot was very good." Arabella turns her head as Cara walks out. "Darn. I was going to talk to her about the ghost cars, maybe she left a phone number." She turns back Megan. "You're in the right place. I think Sam will want to meet you. Wait a second." She gets up and goes over to the bar. "Sam, I think someone wants to join the group. The horror writer Megan Archer-Davies."

Bialaska

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
"Why yes thank you very much, I..." Megan starts saying, before her companion suddenly leaves her to speak with this Sam-person. She then folds her hands and waits quietly for Arabella's return, possibly with Sam.

Lucean

Lucean

First Post
There was a small satisfactory smile on Phillip's face as he watched the reporter leave, but it faded away quickly when he saw the group of soldiers. He had seen a situation like this with people like that become a problem on both sides of the ocean. In truth he barely noticed the plate slide in front of him as he found himself staring at the entrance of the bar, struggling with a decision.

Standing up Phillip threw a bill next to the untouched plate, then grabbed the cane and started to walk as fast as he could to the bar.

kookalouris

kookalouris

First Post
Sam sat glumly, nothing had seemed to go right this meeting, and some of it might have had to do with her.

Arabella's introduction snapped her out of her distant musing.

Sam stood up and offered her hand, "Miss (OOC: or Mrs. , depending on a ring) Archer-Davis, I've heard of you but unfortunately not have had the pleasure of reading one of your books. Please, tonight's drinks are on the house, your books have probably brought us some business."

Sam's ears perked at the sound of harsh voices outside on the street but she could make out nothing.

Disharrock

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Everyone]No problem Kookalouris :)
Please right align name tags guys. Use {RIGHT} for the opening tag and {/RIGHT} for the closing tag. Obviously, replace {} with []. If you want to colour the name tag like greenstar did please feel free. It does make it show up better :)[/SBLOCK]

The soldiers hustle into the bar, talking loudly, laughing and bringing with them a flurry of chill November air. There are five men altogether, probably on furlows for the weekend and making a good start to their Friday night. They seem a bit confused by the decor for a moment, but soon seem to find the whole thing hilarious and as they make their way to the bar they point out the Witching Hour's various ornaments and oddiments to one another.

Cyndy greets them in her usual cordial manner and the soldiers instantly forget the Witching Hour's unusual appearance. One by one they lean against the bar, ordering drinks and flirting outrageously with the barmaid who seems nonplussed and equally willing to flirt back.

greenstar

greenstar

First Post
"Sorry for interrupting you. Sam started the group so I thought she should meet you before we talked about your book." She frowns at the soldiers. Oh no. Drunk soldiers.

Bialaska

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Kook]Megan wears a wedding ring[/SBLOCK]

As Sam and Arabella come to her, Megan gives a nod to the newcomer called Sam. She then listens to both the comments of Sam and Arabella.

"Oh, thank you, dear, you are very kind. I doubt my books have done much for this establishment, surely there are other far more influential factors too." she replies to Samantha.

With that said, she looks over at the soldiers who enter the bar. She studies them for a few seconds, before she shakes her head slightly and return her attention to her two companions. As Arabella introduces Sam, Megan gives both a smile.

"A pleasure to meet you, miss Sam, I have heard about this Fellowship of yours, that you gather to discuss mysteries, anomalies and unexplained phenomena, is that correct?"

Lucean

Lucean

First Post
Phillip paused for a moment after he entered the bar once more, his eyes first finding the soldiers, then the members of the club. There was a sense of relief and even slight foolishness as he noticed that the soldiers were not raising too much trouble. Guess he had just seen to many restless soldiers from the field and not enough these ones who were still green for the war.

Slowly limping to Sam and Arabella, trying not to grimace too much for rushing to the bar.

"I saw the reporter leave." He paused, then nodded askingly toward the third woman.

kookalouris​

kookalouris

First Post
Sam nodded to Phillip but her attention was on the bar. Drunken sailors could be good news or bad news, maybe even both, depending on how 'lubricated' they were. Still, it seemed Cyndy was walking on air with the attention (and literally with the roller skates).

If the situation got ugly, Sam would have to respond...

:area: Disharrock

Remove ads