• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fellowship of the Witching Hour - Part I

greenstar

First Post
If Arabella caught up with Phillip:

Arabella takes a deep breath and sighs when she catches Phillip which wasn't hard because of his bad leg. "I'm sorry. I don't like this any more than you do. I just thought I'd do a favor for Sam. Don't be mad."

Bialaska

First Post
The newcomer looks over the barmaid, her eyes narrowing a bit upon noticing the rollerskaters. Finally she nods.

"Oh yes, it's truly a dreadful weather. One cannot help look forward to the summer."

She then pauses for a second or two.

"This is my first time in this place. I do believe I heard this Witching Hour should be a place for the educated to spend their time thinking about the mysteries of life, is that not correct?"

Lucean

First Post
Phillip stared at Arabella standing before him, then sighed deeply rolling his eyes towards the roof.

"You did what you thought was the right thing." His tone was much softer now. "There is nothing to apologize. I think you were beginning to mine her for some information, just remember to give this place some good advertisement while your at it. Sam wasn't lying, she needs the extra customers." Smiling gently Phillip nodded to Arabella as he made his way out, pulling his coat on.

Outside he stopped, limping aside from the door and leaned on the wall, staring at the sky.

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Initiative Reminder]
Dlsharrock - Keeper
greenstar - Arabella
Bialaska - New gal
Lucean - Dr Phil
Kookalouris - Sam
[/SBLOCK]

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC Everyone]As Kook told us that he will be away for the forseeable future and we should continue without him for now players should carry on playing. Each time I have my turn I'll decide whether we can carry on without leaving Kook too far behind. As Sam is in conversation with Cara we should assume the two are having some kind of informal interview.

Consider this my turn in the sequence, so it's greenstar up next.[/SBLOCK]
Inside the bar
"Oh yes, it's truly a dreadful weather. One cannot help look forward to the summer."
"Right, it's a cold night. You aughta wrap up more too honey. You gonna catch your death on a night like this walkin' around like that." The barmaid chuckles, "not that I can talk right? But then I do have a coat. You come see me before you leave, I think there's a spare scarf hanging out someplace behind the bar- lost property, but Sam - that's the boss - she won't mind."

"This is my first time in this place. I do believe I heard this Witching Hour should be a place for the educated to spend their time thinking about the mysteries of life, is that not correct?"
"Oh, well, I dunno about educated," the barmaid cackles, showing tomb stone teeth and chewing gum, "but you do look real educated, so I can believe it sister. I reckon you wanna talk to the... well, they call 'emselves the fellowship. Hang on, let me see" she gazes around and spots Arabella heading for the door (Philip having just left), "oh look, there's one of 'em." The barmaid yells over to Arabella, "hey, toots, someone here wants to talk to you, 'bout the mysteries of life!" She grins back at the newcomer, "mind you, I could tell you a few things about the mysteries of life and I ain't no spook hunter. Whoooweee. So, you wanna drink in the meantime honey?"

Outside the bar
Philip instantly regrets leaving the bar, despite finding respite from the reporter inside. It is bitterly cold outside and the temperature seems to have dropped even since he first arrived with his wife. A few people bustle quickly past him, hurrying to their destinations and eager to get out of the cold. None regard him with anything other than a passing interest.

The fog also seems thicker than before, shrouding everything beyond ten or twenty yards and luminescent with the beams of car headlamps as automobiles flash through the crossroads and radiant with the spectral glow of street lights overhead.

In the distance the clock on the Miskatonic University tower chimes the hour, a dull, baleful sound, deadened by the thickness of the fog.

Last edited:

greenstar

First Post
Arabella looks up at Cyndy and the new woman. "I hope she isn't another reporter." She sits down at the table. "I'm Arabella. The Fellowship of the Witching Hour welcomes anyone to join if they want to talk about the unexplained. There's four of us but the men left already."

Bialaska

First Post
The newcoming woman gives the barmaid a nod.

"Thank you, young lady. I believe if you had a glass of something non-intoxicating that would be preferable."

With that said, she looks at Arabella, before giving her a faint smile.

"A good evening to you, miss. The young lady in the bar informed me that you were the one to see regarding this... fellowship."

Lucean

First Post
Phillip closed his eyes for a moment, listening to the tower and feeling the cold on his skin. It had been a long time since he was last at a climate like this, he had almost forgotten what it felt like, how it chilled one to the bone. Still, as foolish as it may have looked, he could not help but to smile at the memories it brought him. Opening his eyes once more, he looked at the University tower.

Although the cold did it's best to drive Phillip back inside, he calmly fetched a pair of gloves from his pocket, drawing them to his hands, and pushed the collar of his coat up. He had survived far worse and this place still felt more calling than the reporter inside. Drumming the handle of the cane Phillip followed the traffic on the street, the few that passed.

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=Everyone]We'll carry on again, assuming Cara and Sam are still in discussion.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Lucean]What are Philip's intentions? At a point like this I normally ask the player to give instructions on what their PC wants to do with a wider view rather than roleplay every footstep. Most of the shops are still open. Here's the map and the university is probably still accessible.
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=225977&page=5&pp=15
Or he could return home... or is he planning on taking a stroll then returning when the reporter leaves?
[/SBLOCK]
Cyndy soon comes trundling back with a tonic water into which she's popped a small pink umbrella. She plonks a scarf on the table too, eyeing the newcomer with a sideways look, "here y'go toots. Lost property. Y'can keep that." She rolls away again.

Remove ads