Feylocks: source of power?

Samuel Cole

First Post
One of the players in my game is a Fey-pact Warlock, and I'm working with her on her backstory. It occurred to me is that Warlocks gain their powers by cutting a deal with someone, which implies that this PC has a particular connection with a reasonably-powerful member of the Fey, possibly a member of the Unseen Court or an Archfey. (I think a titan is unlikely.)

Any suggestions on who that fey could be? I like the idea of connecting her to the metaplot through a backstory connection, and would like to mine it for RP.

I'm on my phone, so I don't have my full list of the current Unseen Court members. I'll share those later. But it could make sense to be an agent of the Unseen in general. Heck, even if you did have a pact, you probably never saw typy patron. You might not know exactly who gives toy type power.

As for Archfey, I would avoid Beshela, since she's an antagonist. Feel free to make up your own, but I have in mind Archfey for each fey titan. Even though the titans slumber, they have agents who draw pear and protect them.

Samuel Cole

First Post
Actually, Beshala could make for some interesting story - she acts as a benevolent but distant patron to the PC up until a hinge moment in the narrative, when she becomes a clear antagonist, and withdraws her patronage from the warlock. This leaves the warlock without access to her arcane powers, making her scramble to find a new fey patron as quickly as possible.

Granted, I've spent a lot of time becoming familiar with Adventures 1-5, but not much past that, so I could be convinced that this is a terrible idea by folks who know the later adventures better...

Last edited:

Remove ads