• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Fighter (Playtest 7)

Horwath

Legend
Tavern brawler feat instead of this subclass:

+1 str, dex or con
your unarmed damage is 1d6(STR based) or 1d4(DEX based).
you can make one unarmed attack, grab(need a free hand) or shove as a Bonus action
If you attack a target that you have grappled you have advantage to melee attacks on that target.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
It has been repeatedly suggested in the playtest videos that they are getting rid of that mechanic. This is why things like the monk are now doing "psychic damage" rather than ignoring that restriction.

Of course....does that mean that fighters just always do half damage now against certain creatures?
I thought monks punch force damage now.

I mean they don't use them often.

I highly suspect members of the design teams run adventuring days with encounter up to twice your level but with weaker monsters.

Therefore your
therefore my nothing. that the design team hasn't tested for what happens when the brawler fighter goes up against a demon says nothing about what my DM will throw at me.

this.

they need to balance out around 2-3 encounters per day.
short rest between every encounter.
Why they can't just say "3 short rests per long rest" or even "2 short rests per long rest" and just make Short Rests, like shorter, I don't know.

Originally 5E was balanced for 3-4 encounters/day. The 6-8 per day thing was a super-last-minute unplaytested change.

or even just make 0 assumptions about the number of encounters per day and make the game entirely encounter based.

...though if 4e is any indication, that'd make people very mad.
The sad thing is, so many good ideas in 4E, which would have go on to be used in a 5E that wasn't an apology edition get buried because they're tainted by association, not actually bad ideas on any level.

Remove ads