• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighter/Psion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nail

First Post
I wonder if they'd let me do that next time. I imagine feeding the ballot into the optical scan machine, rather than marking the ballot with a pen held between the toes, would be the most challenging.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
KarinsDad said:
Fighter and Psion doesn't sound like it adds up to Doctor.

Why not Cleric and Psion?
This was addressed earlier. All Cure spells have been severely weakened, and there's a character approval process which is apparently a pain.

Caeleddin

First Post
KarinsDad - Clerics are banned for PCs. Only NPCs can be Clerics.

The group are good friends outside of this game. When he is not a DM, he is a nice guy. That's the problem. The group will go along with anything in the name of that friendship. As I have said before, he used to run a WoD chronicle and he was ok in it (character approvals in 5 mins). When he got to his one, he "watches" everything like a hawk. The rest of them don't see a problem with that because he allows them to muck around.

There are actually two groups in the party. There are 2 old characters from the group that disbanded. Then, there are the 4 new ones including me. He allowed a Half-Fiend template on one of the older characters because "he roleplayed it well". Now, that is not a problem as the campaign has been running for 2 years prior to the group disbanding. The problem is that he is holding that 2 years against us new guys as well. The other two got 2 years on us, so they can get away with more. The new guys have done nothing and so don't deserve any consideration as if it was our fault for not being there those two years. On top of that, he allowed one of the new guys to be a natural Lycanthrope (Werewolf to boot) and waived the alignment requirements (Chaotic Good Werewolf).

The other are too new to D&D (the other 3 new guys are total D&D newbies) to know what a bad DM is. Their only experience with him was with the WoD system and as I said, he was good in that. The two older guys is not gonna buck the system as they have a 1 level, 1 feat advantage over us and a bunch of good loot off the "corpse" of the guy that killed them in their last campaign (the other three old players no longer playing and all).

Taking control of this group is a good way to alienate the entire group. The game is not worth that.

Nail - To where? I am stuck in Nowheresville, New Hicksland. I need to migrate.....! The only problem is that you Yanks sure makes things difficult! Even a young engineer has problems getting in these days! :D

Diirk

First Post
From creating a lycanthrope:

"Alignment: Any. Noble creatures such as bears, eagles, and lions tend to produce good-aligned lycanthropes. Sinister creatures such as rats, snakes, and wolves tend to produce evil-aligned lycanthropes. This is a reflection of how these animals are perceived, not any innate quality of the animal itself, so the alignment of the animal form can be arbitrarily assigned."

Caeleddin

First Post
:D Noted.

Latest word. No to ANY healing powers. This includes (and not limited to) level drain, ability drain/damage, hp damage, resurrection and regeneration.

Any further suggestions to powers taken since Body Purification is also out?

jmichels

First Post
Man, I would leave this game so fast it would make your head spin. But since it's the only game in town then here are my suggestions.

I think you should ditch the Psion deal all together. I think he will get nerf batted at every opportunity. I have a feeling that down the line more "suggestions" will be given and you will get gypped out of even more powers/abilites etc. You will be constantly fighting uphill and that's no way to game.

So I would consider making a stock fighter and optimize him as best you can. Just make sure to buff his AC as much as you possibly can. Since you can't get healed just make it really hard to get hit. Also think about using a reach weapon (Spiked Chain if it isn't banned) too so you can hit at range. Make sure things don't close with you.

Also, make sure you don't do much tanking. Use some Spring Attacking etc. to get out of combat. If you are asked why you don't stand in toe to toe, say that healing is too weak for you to be full attacked by anything. This is a sucky thing for a tank to do but the DM is forcing your hand.

You say the character vetting process is real tough but it may be worth going through it again to not have to be nerfed all the time. Save your "House" character concept for another game that you folks can play concurrently possibly with you as the DM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads