• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighting the Gray Tide (Miniature Painting)

MGibster

Legend
Tried some slap chop with Army Painter Speed Paints. I was going for a penal force Imperial Guard. I really like how the orange cloth turned out, but will continue using slap chop for models I don’t care a lot about.

2F28F93E-66ED-4FAC-ABBF-4A366CE907A4.jpeg

MGibster

Legend
And now for something completely different. I’m working on a dozer blade for a troop transport. With vehicles, the fun part is the weathering. I had a base coat I’d dark aluminum and covered tjat with transparent rust. Then I covered the blade with water and then common table salt. Once dry, I applied some NATO green and brushed the salt off revealing the rusty metal. I dabbed some metal color on the edges, applied transparent dust with the airbrush, and then used pigments for more varied dirt.

F56D0F83-E03A-4180-9A0E-3C45E4B960D5.jpeg

MGibster

Legend
Here’s the tank with its camouflage finished. The model is 80% done. Now I’ve got to add details, decals, and weathering which will take much longer than it took to get to this point. Oh, that includes finishing the treads.

0BAC7287-B1FD-4B8B-BB28-28BBA700CA2B.jpeg

Remove ads