Finally! Dungeon Tiles! But...

Jesse Decker

First Post
Hey folks,

I'm really excited about these tiles, so forgive me if I gush a bit.

The first set includes 6 thick, card-stock pages that you separate into more than 35 individual pieces. The pieces range in size from full-room to single, one-by-one accessory pieces. Because this is the first set, there's an emphasis on basic corridor and room pieces that allow DMs to tell the story that they want and build the dungeon environment that they want.

All of the pieces are double-sided, and all of the art is full color. A few of the pieces reverse to raw stone, allowing you to put solid walls inside some of the bigger spaces. Others reverse to dungeon features like pits, a fountain, a magic circle, and so on. One of my favorite parts of the first set was actually a late addition – the two largest tiles (8 x 10) reverse to buildings useful for many town encounters – an inn and a small shop.

Although the sell text lists the package as “booster pack, ” this product is not randomized.

I freely admit my bias here, but I've been blown away by the sample dungeons we've put together using just a single set of these tiles. We'll try to get some sample graphics up on our website as soon as possible to give folks a better idea of what this product includes.

Of course, there's no way we could get every imaginable dungeon piece in the first set, so as this line matures, we'll have our ears wide open to your suggestions and feedback for what to include in upcoming sets.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Double sided tiles suck.

Hopefully there's nothing that would be useful to a game on both sides of the tile.

I know it's one of the ways to save money on these printed things but I've never liked it.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Jesse Decker said:
Hey folks,

I'm really excited about these tiles, so forgive me if I gush a bit.

The first set includes 6 thick, card-stock pages that you separate into more than 35 individual pieces. The pieces range in size from full-room to single, one-by-one accessory pieces. Because this is the first set, there's an emphasis on basic corridor and room pieces that allow DMs to tell the story that they want and build the dungeon environment that they want.

All of the pieces are double-sided, and all of the art is full color. A few of the pieces reverse to raw stone, allowing you to put solid walls inside some of the bigger spaces. Others reverse to dungeon features like pits, a fountain, a magic circle, and so on. One of my favorite parts of the first set was actually a late addition – the two largest tiles (8 x 10) reverse to buildings useful for many town encounters – an inn and a small shop.

Although the sell text lists the package as “booster pack, ” this product is not randomized.

I freely admit my bias here, but I've been blown away by the sample dungeons we've put together using just a single set of these tiles. We'll try to get some sample graphics up on our website as soon as possible to give folks a better idea of what this product includes.

Of course, there's no way we could get every imaginable dungeon piece in the first set, so as this line matures, we'll have our ears wide open to your suggestions and feedback for what to include in upcoming sets.

Thanks for stopping by and clearing things up!

Looking forward to the previews.

I like double-sided since it gives you potential for a little more variety in the same space. A white backside is a waste of potential, IMO.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
el-remmen said:
I would prefer something like colorforms (remember those?) that stick to tact-tiles so you can combine dry erase markers and certain re-usuable dungeon features.

I really like that idea. You can just drop them where they are needed, but since they stick, they won't slide out of place when moving minis or have the dry erase smudge.

Who should we pitch these to to get them made?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Thornir Alekeg said:
I really like that idea. You can just drop them where they are needed, but since they stick, they won't slide out of place when moving minis or have the dry erase smudge.

Who should we pitch these to to get them made?

Maybe the tact-tiles guys themselves?

sniffles

First Post
el-remmen said:
I love making things for my games - screens, terrain, props of all kinds, magic item cards, etc. . . but I don't have as much time anymore.

It really sucks that none of these products really appeal to me - but I guess in order to do that it would have to be generic as possible, as modular as possible, as sturdy and lightweight as possible and allow me to incorporate my own stuff using a dry erase marker or have some kind of colorforms-like vinyl setting stuff (barrels, beds, chairs, tables, torch scones, doors, stairs, etc. . ) that can be easily stuck down and stays there, but can be moved on a moment's notice - and that really isn't likely to happen - until then I'll stick with alternating between tact-tiles for impromptu stuff and pre-drawn rooms and areas on those big 1" box graph paper boards you get at Staples. :)
I like your idea about Colorforms-like objects that would stick to Tact-tiles. That's a great idea, el-remmen.

I personally prefer 3-D pieces of metal or resin, but they do tend to get in the way visually, and when mini bases take up entire squares on the grid it's hard to get all the necessary pieces into an area. Something that wouldn't slide around on the mat/tiles would be ideal.

Felon

First Post
I'm surprised nobody's asking for (or producing) terrain features that can go on a tile. 2D cut-outs of things like furniture, chests, shelves, fireplaces, barrels, etc that can be plopped right down on a battlemat or tile.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Jesse Decker said:

So who did the art for these? Engle?

Remove ads