D&D 5E Finally

Brian Michaluk

First Post
Ah, thanks, I hadn't expected any response! That model makes sense...

So the Planes of Shadow and Faerie (I don't recall their 5e names) overlap the Prime as "border planes" to Negative and Postitive planes, respectively?

nope positive and negative shells dont look like they touch those reflection planes from the images

Brian Michaluk

First Post
From hoard of the dragon queen

supliments (Medium).jpg

Page 70
"blade ward, chill touch, eldritch blast, friends, mage hand, minor illusion, poison spray, prestidigitation, true strike"

Page 60 has info on blade ward
"resistance for a turn to bludgeoning slashing and piercing"

Only because I'm such a swell guy
AWESOME! Thank you.

Out of curiosity, for those with the books, could you say what Friends and Poison Spray do? Also, for True Strike and Blade Ward, are they Bonus Action casting time, or regular Actions?

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
People have mentioned trading sorcery points for spell slots.
I get that you can spend 2 sorcery points for a level 1 slot, but can you also "trade in" a level 1 slot for 2 sorcery points, or do you only get one point like in the alpha?

Sorry to bother, but I posted this after everyone went to sleep last night. I don't suppose anyone could answer this one?

For reference, in the alpha you could convert spell slots to sorcery points, but you only got sorcery points equal to the spell level, whereas if you wanted to use sorcery points to make spell slots, it cost more (e.g. a level 1 spell slot cost 2 sorcery points to make).

Now, if they've changed that and you get 2 sorcery points for a first-level slot, I can just effectively liquidate all my spell slots into sorcery points and play as a spell point caster. Might be a futile hope though.

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
AWESOME! Thank you.

Out of curiosity, for those with the books, could you say what Friends and Poison Spray do? Also, for True Strike and Blade Ward, are they Bonus Action casting time, or regular Actions?

Someone said earlier that Friends gives advantages on social checks (but they remember being enchanted later and can turn hostile) and Blade Ward is an action, I believe.

Lanoitakude

First Post
Sorry to bother, but I posted this after everyone went to sleep last night. I don't suppose anyone could answer this one?

For reference, in the alpha you could convert spell slots to sorcery points, but you only got sorcery points equal to the spell level, whereas if you wanted to use sorcery points to make spell slots, it cost more (e.g. a level 1 spell slot cost 2 sorcery points to make).

Now, if they've changed that and you get 2 sorcery points for a first-level slot, I can just effectively liquidate all my spell slots into sorcery points and play as a spell point caster. Might be a futile hope though.

I don't have the exact numbers (picking up my book this afternoon), but you can convert Spell Slots into Sorcery Points. It's not a direct, equal conversion back-and-forth, though. I think it was something like 2 Sorcery Points gives you a level 1 Spell Slot, but a Level 1 Spell Slot only gives you 1 Sorcery Point, or something like that. Those that have their copy and correct me on the numbers :)

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
I don't have the exact numbers (picking up my book this afternoon), but you can convert Spell Slots into Sorcery Points. It's not a direct, equal conversion back-and-forth, though. I think it was something like 2 Sorcery Points gives you a level 1 Spell Slot, but a Level 1 Spell Slot only gives you 1 Sorcery Point, or something like that. Those that have their copy and correct me on the numbers :)

Thanks for the info! :) Disappointing but hardly unexpected. Sorcerer remains my least favorite 5e class, at least at first glance. They took the wizard and ran pretty much the exact opposite way with it from what I'd prefer.

Asatru009

Explorer
I just got my PHB a little bit ago and there is a lot of good art in it for sure! I was looking over my favorite classes and I like what I am seeing so far :)

Remove ads