D&D 5E Finally

Dastion

First Post
Sorry to bother, but I posted this after everyone went to sleep last night. I don't suppose anyone could answer this one?

For reference, in the alpha you could convert spell slots to sorcery points, but you only got sorcery points equal to the spell level, whereas if you wanted to use sorcery points to make spell slots, it cost more (e.g. a level 1 spell slot cost 2 sorcery points to make).

Now, if they've changed that and you get 2 sorcery points for a first-level slot, I can just effectively liquidate all my spell slots into sorcery points and play as a spell point caster. Might be a futile hope though.

Sorry, this is actually something I got wrong. It costs more to create a slot than you get out of that slot. My statement regarding efficiencies is still true, just not as great as I had thought.

Evocation Wizard:
Casts Chromatic Orb at level 4, deals 6d8+Int damage.

Draconic Sorc:
-Converts lvl 4 slot into 4 Sorc points.
-Casts level 1 Chromatic Orb (2sp worth) and twins it with 1sp. Dealing 3d8+Cha twice.

The result is that he deals more damage than the Wizard and uses less resources (since he only spent 3 of the 4 sp). Note that I realize it's a bonus action to convert. I'm just equating the slot usage to SP to measure the resources spent (essentially 3/4 of a level 4 slot).

Brail

First Post
Is there info on mounted combat?

Specifically...

One of my players is a halfling on a mastiff. Can his mastiff make an attack or does that use the players action to do so?

gyor

Legend
Basic 5e already has the rules for mounted combat, mounts can't make attacks unless they are sentient.

So if that dog is a Paladin mount from find steed which grants it 6 intelligence then yes, if its a regular dog no.

On the flip side a sentient mount can say "f@@@ you" and do whatever it wants if it chooses to do so.

ManectricMan

First Post
Would anyone happen to know what the Athlete and Resilient feats do?

Also, is the spell "Blink" in the game? And if so, what does it do in this edition?

Thank you to everyone who has a book and is helping those of us who haven't gotten it yet. You're all awesome people. ^^

Brail

First Post
I am an idiot and just found the mounted combat section in basic, sorry. I had been looking under the gear chapter at the list of mounts and didnt see anything before. Thanks!

Asatru009

Explorer
Would anyone happen to know what the Athlete and Resilient feats do?

Also, is the spell "Blink" in the game? And if so, what does it do in this edition?

Thank you to everyone who has a book and is helping those of us who haven't gotten it yet. You're all awesome people. ^^

I'm pretty sure being general rather than specific is better when talking about stuff in the book so I'll stick with that.

Athlete: your STR or DEX improve by 1 and standing up from prone uses a small amount of your movement for your turn.

Resiliant: You pick an ability and the save along with it you get proficiency in it.

Blink is in 5th edition. on an 11 or higher on a d20 roll you "blink" and can move 10 feet from where you were. There is more too it than that but I think you understand the point of the spell.

Remove ads