• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Finally

Quickleaf

Legend
You can see the planes a bit in the Dread Gazebo flipthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V9gB9tvKZI (jump to 55:26).

Yes, that's what I was using to puzzle out my guess for the planar structure in 5e, but the image quality is really hard to make out details. I get the basic shape: rings within rings. But I don't get the exact layout of how the Ethereal and Astral connect, where the Postiive and Negative are in relation to the Lemental Planes, or the names of the Outer Planes, or, or.... :)

I still have my question. It's ok if I get no answer, I'll get my copy on the 19th.

Klaus

First Post
Yes, that's what I was using to puzzle out my guess for the planar structure in 5e, but the image quality is really hard to make out details. I get the basic shape: rings within rings. But I don't get the exact layout of how the Ethereal and Astral connect, where the Postiive and Negative are in relation to the Lemental Planes, or the names of the Outer Planes, or, or.... :)

I still have my question. It's ok if I get no answer, I'll get my copy on the 19th.

The Astral encompasses all Outer Planes. The Ethereal surrounds all Inner Planes. The names of the Outer Planes are the same from Planescape (Bytopia, Elysium, Ysgard, etc). The Positive and Negative planes form two concave shells that cover the "ball" of the Multiverse, leaving a gap between themselves.

Quickleaf

Legend
The Astral encompasses all Outer Planes. The Ethereal surrounds all Inner Planes. The names of the Outer Planes are the same from Planescape (Bytopia, Elysium, Ysgard, etc). The Positive and Negative planes form two concave shells that cover the "ball" of the Multiverse, leaving a gap between themselves.

Ah, thanks, I hadn't expected any response! That model makes sense...

So the Planes of Shadow and Faerie (I don't recall their 5e names) overlap the Prime as "border planes" to Negative and Postitive planes, respectively?

The warlock cantrips were listed earlier and blade ward was described upthread, too.
I remembered seeing those as the thread grew, but I am nit in a position right now to re-read all 90+ pages, and there isn't a way to search just the thread.

Still wonder what Poison Spray does, since I haven't seen it detailed.

Last edited:

Oulak

First Post
Deep Sashelas (Nature, Tempest)
Rillifane Rallathil (Nature)
Sehanine Moonbow (Knowledge)

Thanks Palladion. I expected both Rillifane and Sehanine, but I expected Sehanine to be trickery and I was thinking Hanali would be there instead of Deep Sashelas. Interesting.

NitricAcid

First Post
I remembered seeing those as the thread grew, but I am nit in a position right now to re-read all 90+ pages, and there isn't a way to search just the thread.

Page 70
"blade ward, chill touch, eldritch blast, friends, mage hand, minor illusion, poison spray, prestidigitation, true strike"

Page 60 has info on blade ward
"resistance for a turn to bludgeoning slashing and piercing"

Only because I'm such a swell guy

Last edited:

Remove ads