• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Firefly 12-20-02 [2-hour original pilot, Spoilers]

Chun-tzu

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:
I'd say UPN or WB also. SciFi... I just don't trust them as much as I used to. I found it odd today they were showing, "So I married an axe murder" and "Serial Mom". Neither one of which have any SciFi or Fantasy elements to them. Just odd.

I recall them showing Braveheart not too long ago, too, and I thought, "What? Why do they think this is a sci fi movie?"

Maybe if they supported quality shows like Firefly they wouldn't need to resort to "cheating."

Suldulin

First Post
I belive the sci fi channel wants to move away from things like sci-fi and fantasy.

don't look at me, the lack of logic confounds me as well

John Crichton

First Post
That was a GREAT pilot. Very good for a regular ep (as someone else mentioned) but a great for a pilot. Well put together, interesting and well-acted. The only premieres I can think of that matched it were Alias & Farscape (in recent memory).

A pox upon the house of FOX for not giving it a further chance. :mad:

John Crichton

First Post
Pielorinho said:
2/3 of the way or so through the episode, Mal dropped a bombshell on Simon. Guess you won't have time to take care of the Federal Agent, he says. Kaylee's dead.

Cut to Simon's horrified expression. End scene. A moment of silence.

"No she's not!" I shout. Because I've seen the freakin' episodes that follow this one!

Had Fox shown the pilot at the beginning of the series, this would have been an effective line, made me wonder whether Joss was killing off the cutiepie engineer instead of using her as a regular character.

Instead, it just seemed stupid.

Oh, how I hate Fox.
I actually didn't mind it that much considering the following scene with the bridge crew laughing about it. I got a real kick out of that scene. :D But I do agree that it would have been nice to have the tension be real and not spoiled. Oh well. *sigh*

Welverin

First Post
Chun-tzu said:
I recall them showing Braveheart not too long ago, too, and I thought, "What? Why do they think this is a sci fi movie?"

I remember thinking something similar when I saw they had it on. The day before or affter they had something equally inappropriate on (the Hunt for Red October I think).

Chun-tzu

First Post
Wolf72 said:
ahhhhh!!!!!!! when is going to re-air? ... I set the vcr for only one hour :confused:

Ouch. Um, RE-air? Sorry, but at this point, that's it. Fox has no plans to air Firefly again, not even the remaining 3 unaired episodes they have.

Khorod

First Post
wtf Fox. They could at least show us the rest out of basic inhuman decency.

Sci-Fi has made me really suspicious. If they mess up Stargate that's pretty much the last straw. Anyone catch that 'In Search Of' stupidity today? A documentary style show, I caught five minutes about 'demonic ghost lovers' and 'evil robots that might want to conquer the world'. Sigh. The channel is becoming part USA, part freaky-tabloid.

John Crichton

First Post
Chun-tzu said:

Ouch. Um, RE-air? Sorry, but at this point, that's it. Fox has no plans to air Firefly again, not even the remaining 3 unaired episodes they have.
We may still see the 3 unaired eps sometime next year. Unless Fox has stated otherwise, of course.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads