• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Firefly 12-20-02 [2-hour original pilot, Spoilers]

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
John Crichton said:
We may still see the 3 unaired eps sometime next year. Unless Fox has stated otherwise, of course.

In theory we will see the 3 remaining episodes at some point if it is convenient for Fox. That was my impression from what I have read about it.

John Crichton

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:

In theory we will see the 3 remaining episodes at some point if it is convenient for Fox. That was my impression from what I have read about it.
Agreed. It's almost like torture knowing that there are a few eps out there that we may still see but they may be the last we ever see. *sigh*

In keeping with the theme of this thread: Did anyone else really dig the letterbox format of the pilot? :)

Tempuswolf said:
What was that about terraformed moons? I had the flu and some of the Joss-paced dialogue flew over my febrile head.:confused:

I think it was stated that the Feds terraformed planets and moons just enough to support life. Then they tossed colonists on, without any support. Thus, the need to smuggle food (which was in the pilot) or cattle or whatever. And why the whole place looks like a western. And so on.

The Feds don't care if the rabble dies on the outlying worlds, because the core of the Feds is heavily-civilized worlds that wanted to bring the rest of human space under their control. (Thus the reason for the war, on which Mal and the wife of the pilot were on the losing side...)

Shadowdancer

First Post
It's my understanding that Fox plans to show all of the unaired episodes of "Firefly." When they told Josh they were cancelling it, the Fox executives supposedly told him they would air all of the episodes, even the ones they were currently working on, but not to make any more episodes.

John Crichton

First Post
Wolf72 said:
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some one keep me informed when sci-fi gets ahold of the episodes *sigh*
We really don't want Sci-fi. Altho if they are the only folks who would take it I would give them credit. I would much rather see it on UPN where it's current ratings would keep it on the air for years. It's a blockbuster for them.... :)

Elf Witch

First Post
I really liked the pilot and wondered why Fox didn't show it first. It did a good job of introducing a lot of the characters. I have had a bad feeling from the time I heard it was going to be on Friday night. The only show Fox has had that made it in the time slot of doom was the x-files.

But Fox's actions reminds of what TNT did to Crusades.

Wolf72

Explorer
John Crichton said:
We really don't want Sci-fi. Altho if they are the only folks who would take it I would give them credit. I would much rather see it on UPN where it's current ratings would keep it on the air for years. It's a blockbuster for them.... :)

agreed, I don't want them to *run* it either, ... but they might be able to run the episodes that are done for a couple of months?

Remove ads