• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flaming Sphere... again.

Sonyuu

First Post
Thank you!

Thanks Draco, for clearing my doubt! And sorry for the "flashy" post. Is there some problem with it? I can go for a more "formal" editing if is the case.

Last edited:

James McMurray

First Post
If I'm understanding correctly, he's not doing it completely correct. He has to use his minor action every round to sustain it. A sustained power ends at the end of your next turn unless it is sustained again (or some other effect ends it earlier).

One option might be to house rule the sphere to do damage at the end of the creature's turn instead of the start. Then it becomes a way to herd the enemy around, replacing straight damage with tactical control.

Revinor

First Post
The power has the implement keyword, so of course the implement bonuses apply.

Of course they apply on first attack. Question is, is it applied on following damage?

Take an example with Cloud of Daggers - it has implement keyword, so according to your logic, implement bonus should be added to next round damage (which I'm 99% sure it doesn't)

What might be right is that it is added because damage is _rolled_ (implements add to attack and damage _rolls_ for your powers). This would mean that Cloud of Daggers get non-modified wis on next round but Riposte Strike would get all the benefits from magic weapon and feats.

So far I got two explanations:
- it is added because int is added to damage (clearly wrong explanation as shown by Cloud of Daggers)
- it is added because there is implement keyword (it is required, but not enough, again Cloud of Daggers)

I'm starting to think that it is a roll which is the key point.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads