Flight of the Resistance (Star Wars)

Quickleaf

Legend
Quick question on tenses: I'm noticing that several of you are using present tense, and a few (myself included) are using past tense. I think present tense feels more natural to me, and that's what I've done before in PbP, but in the past I've had players point it out as unusual since they were used to past tense. So I was trying out past tense this time...trying to emulate literature more...but not sure how I like it for role-playing.

Any preferences?

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6788545]xynthoros[/MENTION] [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION]

Quick conceptual map that might help orient yourselves. Not to scale.

GqxeiF4.png

xynthoros

First Post
I just use whatever tense feels right at the moment. I don't care what tense everyone uses, just whatever they are comfortable writing. It is similar at a gaming table, some people prefer to use first person when describing their character's actions and some prefer to use third person when describing their character's actions. Whichever way helps them get into the game the most is fine by me.

Remove ads