Flight of the Resistance (Star Wars)

GreenKarl

First Post
Do we need an Athletics check to get where Garrett is? How difficult? That is where I think we are heading but also not sure how we are going to get R3 up there if we have to do climbing..

Quickleaf

Legend
Do we need an Athletics check to get where Garrett is? How difficult? That is where I think we are heading but also not sure how we are going to get R3 up there if we have to do climbing..

Ah, sorry. Well, I made it an Easy (Difficulty 1) Coordination check for Rex cause I was thinking "how does a droid without arms descend into a slippery mud hole?"

But an Easy (Difficulty 1) Athletics check would work too. That will avoid any strain.

Getting UP through the hole, however would be Hard (Difficulty 3).

Thateous

Explorer
Rico will stealth towards the troopers he saw walking away from the walker. Let me know if there is a difficulty die I need to throw in there as well.

Stealth: 2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage

Quickleaf

Legend
Rico will stealth towards the troopers he saw walking away from the walker. Let me know if there is a difficulty die I need to throw in there as well.

Stealth: 2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage

Yes, there's almost always difficulty dice of some kind involved in making a check. Otherwise it would just be something not worth rolling about or an automatic success.

OK, so this is an example of an Opposed Check. Rico is going to pit his Stealth 0 (Agility 2) against the sensor operator's Vigilance 1 (Willpower 3).

In this case, because the sensors will automatically pick up Rico's presence and movement, he's relying on hiding himself visually, so the sensor operator in the walker uses Vigilance and not Computers.

The higher of your opposition's characteristic/skill acts as the number of Difficulty dice (so 3 in this case, because Willpower 3), while the lower of your opposition's characteristic/skill determines how many of those dice are upgraded to Challenge dice (so 1 in this case, because Vigilance 1).

So for the difficulty part of your roll it's: 2eD+1eC

Which means 2 Difficulty (purple) dice and 1 Challenge (red) die.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
Hmm so the walkers sensors are omnidirectional, lovely. And here I was hoping they were more directional.

Vigilance: 2eD+1eC 2 failures, 2 threat

Why are there so many washes...

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

In my limited experience, it's uncommon to see this many washes appear so close together.

If you're interested in the die probabilities, you can go to http://game2.ca/eote/# and click the Generate Probabilities link at the bottom, then construct a roll by click on the dice icons then the Roll button.

EDIT: I haven't yet found reference to any sensors in Star Wars being directionally-limited.

From AoR p.239
[SECTION]Sensors: Sensors grant a vehicle's crew a constantly updated, 360-degree view of their immediate surroundings.[/SECTION]

Last edited:

Remove ads