Flight of the Resistance (Star Wars)

Quickleaf

Legend
Not sure if using Cool can help me but I will do a Cool roll to calm myself down and focus followed by another Coordination to finish crossing.

Cool: 1eA+1eP 1 success

Coordination: 2eA+1eD 0 successes

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

OK, after getting another "wash" result on Coordination, but keeping his cool, I'm thinking that Rico has the presence of mind to realize the natural bridge to the central ziggurat is too risky; between the great height and potential fall, the rain-slicked wood, and ground shaking from the walker it's just not safe. So while he cannot yet reach the center, he can...

1. Attempt again, but with the elapse of time, the stormtroopers will be in range and if you're fighting it would be time to roll initiative.

2. Find an alternate route down the arboray trees, putting him either close to the rest of the PCs or close to the western arm of the starfish temple.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION] No need to roll for the diversion. It can be a setback on their first visual-based Perception check, and I'll interpret failures/threats with an eye toward falling for the decoy.

Quickleaf

Legend
Option 2. Did you need a roll to find an alternate route?

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

No need. You can do that automatically. Basically, Rico failed to get where he wanted to, but without any threats or actual failure results accrued there were no bad consequences.

I'm realizing that the FFG system is great for "fewer rolls, more significant impact", which is really my speed as a GM.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] Well, they have to make the effort, but yes, that's right.

Also, what is Rico's motivation? Force & Destiny has some examples of specific ambitions, causes, and faiths well-suited to Jedi on page 105-107.

Remove ads