• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Memnus

First Post
Since I've no idea if I'm going to be home tonight, the server is up already. It's posted as an open server until about when we'll be done.

I say I may not be home, but I now have a laptop that runs OpenRPG, so wherever I am, I'll see you tonight.

Rish

First Post
My schedule has completely destroyed itself for the indefinite future. I'm sorry to do this to you guys, but I think I need to bow out on the campaign semi-indefinitely. I have no idea when things will be stable enough for me to make a regular Sunday commitment again. Good luck and all that; sorry I won't be around to see it :-/

Arkhandus

First Post
Sorry to hear that, Rish. Ouch. I hope your life's not too jumbled right now, but good luck getting things sorted out and taken care of.

For now, we played for about an hour, getting off to a slow start, but things should pick up next week, since this week I was unexpectedly pre-occupied and just stupid-tired. Accursed insomnia. If sleep is for the weak, call me feeble. Anyway, the party sailed to Kinrisar on a Ceomyrian merchant cog named Durrigan's Tooth, stopping briefly in Rhaaviner and Hibridean ports along the way, and arrived in Virokon of Kinrisar a few into summer.

In Virokon, since Rish will be absent for who-knows-how-long, I had Kirran tell Fleck that he learned some stuff in the Rhaavin and Hibridean ports that he had to look into, so he'd find the group later and catch up with them, whenever he finishes taking care of whatever got his attention. Fleck, Valdir, Rolf, Argus, and Meier went on ahead and decided to head for Kinrisar's capitol Pari Ka'ansa to see if any of the gnomish slaves sent by Ulruz might have been freed by the Kinrisari, in which case Fleck figured they'd probably set up a Refuge in the capitol. The party's currently on the road from Virokon to Pari Ka'ansa, just a day out of Virokon.

Memnus

First Post
Meier never made it through Thoradur, actually, and turned back for Mittendien. So it's just Fleck, Valdir, Rolf, and Argus.

Memnus

First Post
Server's up for the night.

Caveat A: I think this computer's power supply is on the blink. It's been randomly restarting, and since I won't be back to it until probably tomorrow, it the server's not up at gametime, pick another.

Caveat B: On the blink or not, this will probably be the last week I can host the server.

Caveat C: I have a meeting one hour after game time, so I'll have to disappear after 50 minutes or so tonight. For the love of all that's holy I hope this meeting takes no more than an hour; naturally, I've no way of knowing. I'll be back once its done.

Arkhandus

First Post
Alright, finished the session. Start of next session, the party's magic-users can try scanning for magic and/or trying to appraise stuff. Here's the loot recovered:

Kobold Spellcaster:
Small Long Spear
Small Light Crossbow
19 Small Crossbow Bolts (2 Cases)
Vial of bubbly red fluid
Thin silver stick 1-foot-long with violet amethyst attached at one end by silver wire
Iron rod 1/2-foot-long with gold wire wrapped around one tip
Spell Component Pouch
Unholy Symbol of Naeron
300 gp, 800 sp, 200 cp, 4 garnets
Small Traveler's Outfit, 4 Small Belt Pouches

Kobold Footman:
Small Masterwork Leather Armor
Small Handaxe
Small Masterwork Glaive
Small Composite Shortbow (+1 Str bonus to damage)
19 Small Arrows (1 Quiver)
Bottle of murky amber fluid
Vial of bubbly red fluid
2 Tiny bags of fine gray-and-brown dust
50 gp, 300 sp, 700 cp
2 aquamarines, lapis lazuli brooch
Small Traveler's Outfit, Small Backpack, 4 Small Belt Pouches

Kobold Lancer:
Small Masterwork Breastplate
Small Masterwork Heavy Lance
Small Masterwork Light Crossbow
19 Small Crossbow Bolts (2 Cases)
2 Vials of orange fluid
Adamantine ring etched with elaborate patterns
2 Tiny bags of fine gray-and-brown dust
250 gp, 300 sp, 700 cp, 8 uncut diamonds
1 onyx talisman, 3 halfling-made elaborate gold rings
Small Traveler's Outfit, 4 Small Belt Pouches

Total:
Coinage: 600 gp, 1400 sp, 1600 cp.
Jewelry-Related Items: 8 uncut diamonds, 2 aquamarines, 4 garnets, lapis lazuli brooch, onyx talisman, 3 obviously halfling-made elaborate gold rings, adamantine ring etched with elaborate patterns, unholy symbol of Naeron, iron rod 1/2-foot-long with gold wire wrapped around one tip, thin silver stick 1-foot-long with violet amethyst attached at one end by silver wire.
Arms & Armor: 38 small crossbow bolts, small light crossbow, small composite shortbow (allows +1 Str to damage), small handaxe, small long spear, small masterwork light crossbow, small masterwork heavy lance, small masterwork glaive, small masterwork leather armor, small masterwork breastplate.
Miscellaneous Items: 3 small traveler's outfit, small backpack, 12 small belt pouches, spell component pouch, 4 tiny bags of fine gray-and-brown dust, 2 vials of orange fluid, 2 vials of bubbly red fluid, bottle of murky amber fluid.

Edit: Division of loot may be discussed, or you may wait until everything's scanned/appraised first.

Last edited:

firehorse

First Post
I would vote for scanning/appraising first and then divying it up. Unfortunately, most of the stuff is going to be unusable to anyone over 3'. Can we do that on the boards or are we going to wait till Sunday?

Of course, any magic items kept should lessen the amount of money taken from the pot by the appropriate resale value of the item unless designated as a group item.

Last edited:

evandariel

First Post
Hey guys. I was busy celebrating easter (you loons), but I will be there this coming Sunday. What level are we at, just to confirm I have it right?

Arkhandus

First Post
Valdir: I suppose we could do the appraisal/identifying on the boards, but I don't know if Fleck knows the Identify spell and has a handful of 100-gp pearls, nor materials and alchemist's lab for identifying potions on the road (I think he does have the alchemy lab/kit in his cart, just don't know if he has the expendable materials needed). And I dunno if Fleck's banned from Divination or not (I don't think so, but I never did rummage through his charsheet yesterday to see his stats and such). I deleted my copy of the charsheet once Fleck came back from AFK status. *doh!* In any case, the party could probably acquire the materials in the town they'll come to early next session, and the party has almost reached the nearest small town in-game.

Fleck: Do you have the Identify spell scribed in your spellbook, at least? You could buy the spell's material components in-town, but it would be more expensive to also pay someone else to cast Identify. It's unlikely the town will have any scrolls of Identify for purchase (but there is likely someone in town with a few pearls and bottles of wine, and owl feathers are probably amidst your spell component pouch). Do you have the necessary ingrediants for identifying potions through Craft (Alchemy)?

Evandariel: Everyone's at 9th-level, so if you intend to rejoin the group with a PC, make a 9th-level character (36,000 XP, and also 36,000 GP worth of stuff). As you may or may not recall, since you had been absent and understandably busy IRL at the time, Gadreman died suddenly in the caverns of Thoradur as the group battled giants, when a giant critted poor Gadreman (surprised us all when he fell, especially as he was only fighting that giant alone for a few rounds while the rest of us dispatched the others). Since the rest of the party has earned 2,000 GP each and recovered treasure now from some kobolds, they may yet be close to the average 9th-level wealth. :) Remember the standard T13K PC-generation rules. E-mail me your new PC sheet (in T13K format of course) sometime before the game. And try to come up with a way/reason that your character would come upon the group and join them, and just as importantly, why they should let him tag along and trust him. If you want to discuss how to work it in, just talk with me about it in e-mail. I check my e-mail usually every day. My e-mail is mist_phantom AT yahoo DOT com

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads