For the Children [OOC Thread]

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
The Kender said:
I am kind of new to the realms. Do I HAVE to take one of those Regional Feat Things?

No. not at all.

The regional feats are sometimes a tad bit more powerful than regular feats. Some are pretty nice, but they are not required.

Do you have the FRCS?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
i sent my character to Akunin last night, and posted in the Rogue's Gallery...

Sweet. I like your character. As a plus, all the magic swords we find will be handed down to me!

I think you have a bit too many hit points though. I believe you should have 20 instead of 24. (10+6+2+2 = 20)

Not that I'm complaining. You get to be the arrow sponge.:p

reapersaurus

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
I think you have a bit too many hit points though. I believe you should have 20 instead of 24. (10+6+2+2 = 20)

Not that I'm complaining. You get to be the arrow sponge.:p
You're right - it was LATE, and i missed it
Thanks.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

reapersaurus

First Post
Sodalis said:
OOC:
Hey guys,
can we speed things up a bit? Its been two weeks and we havent even met each other yet.... I am all for background info and getting to know each other and flavor text, but this is waaaayyy too slow for my taste.

And I am not upset or anything- just want things to speed up a lil...
I was wondering how long this buuild-up would last, myself.
However, I'm OK with more set-up, if Akunin wants it - it's of course up to him how much the game is going to feature role-play vs. fighting, etc.

What kind of game do you want, Akunin?
More exploration of characters and the background you've setup, or do you use DM fiat to declare "Enough backstory!" and on with da goods, or something like that? :)

As far as Killian's concerned, he's a working guy now due to his getting taken advantage of by an opportunistic (and skilled) thief. (not just a rogue - there's a big difference)

The sooner he starts working, the sooner he gets paid.

And eats.

Akunin

First Post
I really hoped everyone would use the background material presented to incorporate themselves into the setting. As it is, however, we're having to deal with bringing everyone to one place without railroading them. For the most part, it's working (I nudged things a bit for the sake of getting into the story).

As it stands, it looks like four of the five will be together at the temple for the next post. Not sure how Shade is going to fit into things at this point, as he seems to have his own agenda.

I'm sorry if the game isn't running as fast as people had hoped, but it's one of the faults of this medium. Most of us have work and other commitments that have to take a priority, and I've had a very full week. This week is going to be much less busy, and I've set aside time to catch up on posts. Please bear with me, here - two, sometimes three "turns" in a week is normal for this sort of game.

If anyone else is concerned with the pacing, please let me know. I don't want to have anyone unhappy with the way it's going, but please understand that I'd rather take time to tell a good story and make this a memorable game than gloss over plot in favor of action.

What you can expect from a game that I run:

Interacting with locals
Little tidbits on customs, mannerisms, and dress
Reaction to characters based on things such as occupation, appearance, etc
NPCs with ideosyncracies and quirks
Branching plotlines
Focus on role-playing over dice-rolling
Circumstance bonuses for good ideas or clever dialogue
Problem-solving
Tactical combat
Unique locations for fights, where the terrain can be an advantage or a disadvantage
Application of a broad range of skills
Mysterious locations
Rumors and legends
Clever foes

What I DON'T run:

Kick in the door, kill the monsters
"You all meet in a bar."
Combat after combat after combat
"Kill the ogres, and I'll give you these magical weapons."
Illogical monster placement in a trap-filled dungeon.
"Oh, gee! ANOTHER +2 Sword..."

If the type of game I run doesn't work for you, please let me know.

The game's only been running for one week, and people are getting into the swing of things - please be patient, and once we get past this "getting the PCs together" stage, you'll start to see some goals and some action.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ah. I'm used to it.

Not sure how to get Shade to the temple, however, he is open for jobs and he is a tracker and bounty hunter. Looking for children isn't what he is used to, but hey... it's a living. ;)

Remove ads