D&D 4E For the post 4E world, what will your game be?

D'karr

Adventurer
I'm having so much fun running 4e at this time that I'm not sure I need to swap to anything else. The campaign might, or might not be finished by the time Next rolls around.

In any case we'll probably do the same thing we did when 4e came out. I'll check Next to see if I like it enough to run a long term campaign. We'll continue playing 4e until the current campaign finishes. When the current campaign finishes we'll play a bunch of other games. We always go to Shadowrun, Savage Worlds, and sometimes Iron Kingdoms. I also want to do some Warhammer RPG, and Spycraft. I'll probably even do some Amethyst to spice 4e up in a different genre.

That is pretty much what we (my group) did from 3.x to 4e. We finished the current campaign and played a lot of stuff including the Beta for Pathfinder using the Savage Tide adventure path before deciding on what we wanted.

Zelkon

First Post
I'll be playing 13th age, PF srd, and 4e. Once I complete them, I'll be playing games of my own making: Holydoom (a rediculous rpg with pop culture references) and Foresight (a 4e clone).

fjw70

Adventurer
My 4e group will probably switch to 5e when it is released but that is assuming it ends up like we think it will. If we don't like the final 5e product the we would probably stick with 4e.

On a side note 5e is not a retro clone. The skills, fighter maneuvers, at-will spells, and healing hit dice make it very non-retro cone like.

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
I'm thinking you can find a game group for ANY RPG in NYC.
I hope so, but I have a few logistical hurdles to leap. Being an engineering student in a school at the furthest corner of the metro system puts a serious crimp in my availability. And despite there being more gamers in NYC, many of them are flakey IME. So we'll see. :)

Pour

First Post
Another question for everyone here. In the post-4e world, will you still be around ENWorld's 4e boards, or I suppose the Legacy boards or wherever they deem to shove us come mid-2013? I'm hoping to maintain a presence on at least a few 4e-friendly internet islands as people continue to heartbreak, troubleshoot, and create fan stuff.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Me?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]I got nowhere else to go- YouTube[/ame]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Yeah, for me, I've just barely started to glean what 4e can do, but I can't help but feel that Pathfinder is better suited for character depth and storytelling - 3.x is far easier for me to tinker with than 4e, and that's largely due to my lack of familiarity with running 4e.

So, if 4e 'dies', I'll likely still run it... if I can find players and time.

jbear

First Post
My Loaded offline character builder will always be there, regardless of what WotC does. :)

-O
Yeah, I came here to say this as well. I still have my offline character builder. With the CBLoader you can update the code yourself.

I have no intentions of switching in any foreseeable future. I'm staying with 4e.

The face to face game I was running ended when I moved back to my home country a year ago, ending our campaign at having just reached paragon level. I only play online now. I currently play in 4e, Pathfinder (and soon to join GURPS) pbp games. I can't see any reason to change that.

I may play 5e once I see the complete game, if I find it to my liking. That doesn't mean I will stop playing those other games. My interests in other systems is there, it's just not as easy to get into them. (Take GURPS for example ... wow ... that is daunting to make a character. It's taken me nearly 3 months ... much of that procrastinating of course as getting my head around what might mike good PC is so challenging.) But that doesn't mean I'm done with 4e, which I love.

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
I've not made any plans for the 'post-4e' world, yet. Our group has been late in making the switch to 4e, and our party's average character level is only 7 right now.

As long as there is tool support for 4e (i.e. a character builder) I don't see any reason for a switch. The campaign could easily go on for another 3-4 years before we hit epic levels.

In fact I suspect, 4e may be the last 'real' rpg we'll ever play. We occasionally have trouble meeting once a month. If this gets any worse I can see us playing one-offs and (cooperative / rpg-light) board games only in the future.

Ryujin

Legend
I'll be wrapping up my 4e campaign at late Epic, before then, and I'll be getting a chance to go back to being a player again. Right now the plan is to run two games, on alternating weeks. One will be a modern version of Savage Worlds, while the other will be either 2e or Pathfinder.

Remove ads