D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

SoundsLikeTyler

First Post
Are you using the 1.64 version? Mine has Storm Sorcery as one of the origins and all the SCAG cantrips listed. I've had an issue more recently having to force Excel to recompute (Press F9 or up in the Formulas-Calculation Options-set to Automatic Calculation). Not sure why but thinking it has to do with the automation and the "safe mode" that Office now tries to launch everything into. You might try that if you don't see the Sorcerous Origins field pop up.

Sorted! But not by that (which I tried) I noticed even though I had used the transfer took my char was still showing v1.60 - I believe it may have been an unused subclass being selected that somehow caused the transfer to not function properly(??). I removed that selection, saved and transferred again and that fixed it! Great update, love the changes, I do miss the Minotaur being preloaded as a custom class though - would love to see unusual races loaded in below the main ones - love having the half elf variants up there though!

hejtmane

Explorer
I to would like to try out the new v2.0 Character Generator and can worry about a transfer tool at a later time. But however you release it, keep up the great work!

I am more than willing to Beta 2.0 without a transfer tool. It is a great way to look for bugs when starting from scratch on a character.

Put me in this same court Forged more than willing to test 2.0 before you get a transfer tool completed.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hello fans of ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator!

An update to the progress of the tool, a lot of thought and ideas have go into the tool lately - I've tested and changed many designs in CSII and CSIV, still not 100% happy with it but once I am close I will release a alpha of v2.00 for testing and bug review only. no transfer tool support as yet. As a taste, below is a first look at CSIV with CSII still WIP - planning to expand the gear section significantly, improve the gold, gems, jewelry and wealth management as well add the option for a combination of 2 familiars, animal companions or mounts. The automation in CSI also requires work and polishing but looking in good shape!

Character Sheet IV High Density 2.00.png

Last edited:

Hrrunstar

Explorer
How to use data from a cell that must be overwritten?

Heya ForgedAnvil,

v2.0 Looks like it is coming along well.

I have a circumstance (Character has FIGHTING STYLES: Paladin Level 2 Dueling) where I want to add to some information that is already in a cell. Frex in the OVERRIDE PROPERTIES cell for Attack 4 [=Attack4props&", Dueling: +2 more damage if only using one weapon"], this will result in Excel complaining about circular references. How can I pull the data that was already used to populate Attack4props and insert it into Attack 4 OVERRIDE PROPERTIES so it is not a circular ref?

Thanks

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Heya ForgedAnvil,

v2.0 Looks like it is coming along well.

I have a circumstance (Character has FIGHTING STYLES: Paladin Level 2 Dueling) where I want to add to some information that is already in a cell. Frex in the OVERRIDE PROPERTIES cell for Attack 4 [=Attack4props&", Dueling: +2 more damage if only using one weapon"], this will result in Excel complaining about circular references. How can I pull the data that was already used to populate Attack4props and insert it into Attack 4 OVERRIDE PROPERTIES so it is not a circular ref?

Thanks

looks like a bug, I've tried to replicate the issue in v2.00 but no issues there so I may have fixed it earlier

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
A first look at Character Sheet II v2.00 alpha

Hello fans of ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator!

Here is a first look at the concept for Character Sheet II. A heap more gear space, clearer and easy to read carrying capacity and coinage. A new space for gems, jewelry, art object and an overall wealth value in gp (at least for coins, gems etc...)

Also the familiar, mount, animal companion etc. are move to this sheet with up to 2 creatures.

Character Sheet II High Density 2.00.png

Remove ads