• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Ah. That's what was causing my confusion. I was expecting only the character's proficiency bonus to apply, but I can see how both are perfectly valid interpretations of that verbiage.

Have you checked out the UA Ranger? It seems to solve this issue, as well as fix the overall balance of the class. Is there any chance it'll make it into the sheet at some point? One of my players has the printout alongside his sheet, and having it all integrated would be really nice.

Finally, thank you so much for your continued work on this. All of my players are using this tool, and I've made extensive use of it for pregens and my own characters alike. The new functionality and layout in 2.0 looks great so far! You have my gratitude for what you're doing here.

I have checked out the UA Ranger, being UA it is only play test material and subject to change (or never make it to official play). I suspect though that a variant of the UA Ranger will make an appearance at some stage in the near future in an official WotC book. As it is a complete class with subclasses, I suspect a lot of feedback from play testers is needed to balance it well with the rest of the classes before making it official. Once official for sure it will be implemented. I have no plan to implement UA material into the tool though.

Conandar

Explorer
I have checked out the UA Ranger, being UA it is only play test material and subject to change (or never make it to official play). I suspect though that a variant of the UA Ranger will make an appearance at some stage in the near future in an official WotC book. As it is a complete class with subclasses, I suspect a lot of feedback from play testers is needed to balance it well with the rest of the classes before making it official. Once official for sure it will be implemented. I have no plan to implement UA material into the tool though.

I tend to agree, it seems that WotC is trying very hard to fix the percieved shortcomings in the Ranger class. I would not be at all surprised if this modified Ranger does become "official" in a future sourcebook or PDF addendum. But, for now, the UA Ranger is still UA material.

basilforth

Explorer
feature request - auto-populate spell lists

As always, I am grateful for the character sheet.

One thing that would be nice to have (don't know the effort required of the impact on sheet performance) is a button that would auto-populate every spell for a given class for a given level.

The button could be located on the Spellcasting tab in the Spells Prepared/Known section.

I often find it useful to list every spell available, especially for clerics. Nice to have all spells available to see at a glance.

It can take quite a while to select every spell by hand.

Thanks again.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
As always, I am grateful for the character sheet.

One thing that would be nice to have (don't know the effort required of the impact on sheet performance) is a button that would auto-populate every spell for a given class for a given level.

The button could be located on the Spellcasting tab in the Spells Prepared/Known section.

I often find it useful to list every spell available, especially for clerics. Nice to have all spells available to see at a glance.

It can take quite a while to select every spell by hand.

Thanks again.

This would require a macro. I'm avoiding macros in the tool as much as possible (I removed the translation macro for example) for compatibility reasons. What you can do to speed up the process for pure clerics is (this won't work for say a multiclass wizard cleric for example):

For Level 1 spell in the Spellcasting sheet:
1. Type =Tables!ARV3 in the first cell
2. Select this cell and copy it (CTRL+C)
3. Select all cells in Level 1 section and choose Paste Special > Formulas.
4. Select all cells in Level 1 and copy (CTRL+C), then Paste Special > As Values.
(Step 4 will make the value static instead of a formula)

For Level 2 increment the column number
1. Type =Tables!ARW3 in the first cell
2. Select the cell and copy it (CTRL+C)
3. Select all cells in Level 2 section and choose Paste Special > Formulas.
4. Select all cells in Level 2 and copy (CTRL+C), then Paste Special > As Values.
(Step 4 will make the value static instead of formula)

And so on... Important to use the Paste Special command so as to not overwrite the formatting and drop-down of the cells (e.g. you copy a cell from Level 1 and paste directly into 2 and the drop down will show level 1 spells.)

Hope this helps speed things up a but for some classes at least.

Conandar

Explorer
v2.00b4
Half Drow-elf, Urchin background
The flaw "Gold seems like a lot..." has an extra period after the word "just" and the period is apparently followed by a new line so that the rest of the scentence is on the second line.

error1.jpg

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Beta Build 5: New "Conditions"

Finally coming together slowly, this was always planned but never high on the list to do.

So here's a first look at some new "conditions", check out the Wizard Bladesinger below! Awesome.

Implemented others such as Rage, Holy Nimbus... any other "conditions" you would like to see implemented or any feedback on the new feature let me know!

Conditions.png

Conandar

Explorer
I don't see a Beta 5 in the downloads, yet, but it seems to me that pretty much any spell that does not have an instant duration is a candidate to be included here.
I very much like this addition (assuming that you mean to include temporary spell conditions), because I have a horrible memory and often forget when the group cleric / bard casts a spell like Bless on me!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I don't see a Beta 5 in the downloads, yet, but it seems to me that pretty much any spell that does not have an instant duration is a candidate to be included here.
I very much like this addition (assuming that you mean to include temporary spell conditions), because I have a horrible memory and often forget when the group cleric / bard casts a spell like Bless on me!

Initial scope of work would be for Class and Subclass features that last for a set duration and grant special abilities or modifiers (I haven't made any auto adjustments for attacks in the case of Rage and Strength attacks for example though). Though you're right it could easily expand to spells etc. which could be in future updates.

Releasing Beta 5 shortly, there are enough bug fixes and additions now :)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 2.00 Beta Build 5 Released!

Beta Build 5 Released!

Download here >> ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Bunch of bug fixes from the feedback received, so thank you everyone. Added the firbolg race, a small but neat feature in the custom race section for weight and height ranges and averages and some new "conditions". The new conditions are only a start to see if it is interesting for anyone and we can build a list to include the stuff commonly needed to show in the conditions area.

Another note on translations. The file is a lot more translation friendly, I need some help with translations for all languages - check out the Translations file (I think many translations are not correct but good for a first pass). If you're willing to help with the translations, let me know in the forum and we can correct any issues. The printable character sheet is now available in V2.00 for all languages in the download section.

As always have fun!

Cheers
ForgedAnvil

Show your support, buy me a beer with
PayPal

Download the community FAQ here >>ForgedAnvil’s D&D 5E Character Generator v2.00 FAQ / Instructions for Use. Thanks to flwad
Take a moment and rate thisif you like it, thank you!

Last edited:

Remove ads