D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

dorpond

Explorer
Thanks! Added Song of Rest to the Active Features with auto dice calc. The background feature is displayed on CSIV

No it isn't. In fact, since Beta, I don't even get anything under the "Race, Background, Class, or Feat" section either. I have tried all the betas. Is it a user error? Also, while I do have those backgrounds, I still don't have my background feature anywhere.
temp.PNGTemp2.PNG

Conandar

Explorer
v2.00b5
Half-Wood Elf Wizard

I get the Half-Elf (standard PHB) and the Half-{Wood, Drow, Aquatic} Elf (SCAG) but what is with the Half-High Elf and where are the Half-Moon Elf and Half-Sun Elf options?
test0.jpg

If I select "Half-High Elf", which I presume is actually Half-Moon/Sun Elf since the traits match (Elf Weapons Proficiency or Cantrip), the EWPs are flagged as proficient, but if I select the Half-Wood Elf (which also has the EWP option) the weapons are not listed as being proficient.
test1.jpg
test2.jpg

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forged,
Would you find it helpful to have a text version of the info from VGM? I can do that and send info to you in sections. Let me know if that's helpful.
-M

Got my copy of VGM, work on data entry at the moment. All races have been fully implemented but of course need some testing :). The new beasts haven't been added yet, but this is only data entry which is not really a fun task. I'm thinking to release the races first then do the beasts later as there are significant enough updates to warrant a new version. The other implementation that is almost done is the reset and import macros which are in good shape at the moment. I think from the next build onward import of characters on build 6 or higher will function... which means we are getting close to 2.00 final.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Thanks so much! Now I have another question about custom inputs. Is there a way to expand the section for custom spells to more than just 8? I'm using a third party class archetype and spell list, and it has more than 8 custom spells.

Currently not supported with automation. How many custom spells do you need?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
V2 - BETA 5

Character Sheet II

Wealth does not report character wealth if character has less than 1 gp. It should show amounts in sp or even cp if wealth is very low.

Mount has a spot for Carried, but nothing I can do seems to put an amount there. Is it supposed to automatically take the weights of items with the Mount or Saddlebags location from Possession Not On Person? I would expect that, but it isn't working. Makes no difference if I use the Variant Encumbrance or not.

Character Summary

If you are not using Variant Encumbrance (chosen on Start), then the "Max. Carry Weight" label vanishes. It comes back if you turn on the Variant Encumbrance on Start.

Still looking for more. :)

Haha for the poor characters out there, I'll look into the gp > sp > cp factoring.

Corrected the locked the cell on companion 1 and 2 for carried weight in the next build. It won't autocalc from saddlebags / mount locations in gear - as there can be 2 mounts configured in the tool so I'm not sure how to differentiate them nicely.

Correct character summary weight carried to always be visible.

Nice feedback, thanks

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
FA - LOVING the character generator, many thanks for all your hard work!

Have been using the 1.64 version until this week, and when my Bard levelled up to 5 noticed a (minor) bug - the sheet is saying that I get two attacks now (as a Valor Bard I don't get the second attack until 6). This bug seems to have carried over to beta 5, and I also have a list of level 4 spells on the character summary (no spell details, just generic space for all the level 4 Bard spells)

Thanks for the feedback. Valor bard should be calculating correctly in v2.00 beta 5, 1.64 certainly had a bug. Not sure what you mean on the character summary having generic spaces.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Very new to using this character sheet, but so far I like it. The only major nag I have is that it does not load nicely into Google Sheets - need to use full excel :(

That said, I have run into an issue with my monk. As a monk of the Way of the Shadow (PHB p80), I have access to Shadow Arts ("As an action. you can spend 2 ki points to cast darkness, darkvision, pass without trace, or silence, without providing material components. Additionally. you gain the minor illusion cantrip if you don'l already know it.")

Identifying that I have Shadow Arts is there on page 1's active features, with reference to "see details". Page 4's "class" block gives a summary of the details. Page 3's cantrip section allows you to select minor illusion. But how can I list the details of the other spells on page 3? Am I missing a flag somewhere?

If it matters, using v2.00 beta 5.

Welcome, glad you're finding the sheet useful. Unfortunately Google sheets doesn't have the feature set or functionality for this tool to work correctly, so yes Excel 2010 through 2016 (Office 365) is required. If you would like the spells to show on CSIII in detail you will need to manually type them in at the correct level. you can also use the filter on the sheet to hide everything but those spells.

Dekker500

Villager
Welcome, glad you're finding the sheet useful. Unfortunately Google sheets doesn't have the feature set or functionality for this tool to work correctly, so yes Excel 2010 through 2016 (Office 365) is required. If you would like the spells to show on CSIII in detail you will need to manually type them in at the correct level. you can also use the filter on the sheet to hide everything but those spells.

Shame about Sheets! Oh well.

Thanks for the info about manually typing it in. I had started typing in, but since the auto-fill didn't finish for me, I never finished entering it. Typing it manually works perfectly.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
No it isn't. In fact, since Beta, I don't even get anything under the "Race, Background, Class, or Feat" section either. I have tried all the betas. Is it a user error? Also, while I do have those backgrounds, I still don't have my background feature anywhere.

This is odd, I've sent you a PM... will look into it

Remove ads