D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Excellent character generator.

I have a question about backgrounds. Is there a way to choose the variants of a specific background (pirate instead of sailor)? I was able to use the custom tab to add them, but I wondered if I was just missing a selection box somewhere.

Thanks again for the work.

Currently the Pirate variant is not entered, but will look to add it to the next version 1.49.

UPDATE: Added Pirate and Knight variants to Backgrounds to v1.49

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 1.48 Released

- Fixed transfer bug with languages (#N/A appears in the character sheet)
- Corrected some animal companion and familiar issues

Barbaaron

First Post
Love the Generator!

First and foremost, thank you for your hard work in creating this generator. I am currently using the 1.48v and I just wanted to report back on some errors I have encountered. I first noticed the feats dropdown box menu only goes to "Heavily Armored" and there is nothing else available after that. Also I noticed the description for the Barbarians "Reckless Attack" reads "Gain advantage on first melee weapon attack using Strength this turn, attacks against you have advantage this turn." According to the PHB, "When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn". So I am reading that, while you make the decision to use this ability on your first melee attack, you actually gain advantage for all melee attacks (that use strength) for the turn. So barbarians with multiple attacks a round could gain advantage on all these attacks not just the first.

Thank you again!!!!

PS. Also is there a Faction dropdown on the "Start" worksheet. I cant seem to find it :)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
First and foremost, thank you for your hard work in creating this generator. I am currently using the 1.48v and I just wanted to report back on some errors I have encountered. I first noticed the feats dropdown box menu only goes to "Heavily Armored" and there is nothing else available after that. Also I noticed the description for the Barbarians "Reckless Attack" reads "Gain advantage on first melee weapon attack using Strength this turn, attacks against you have advantage this turn." According to the PHB, "When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn". So I am reading that, while you make the decision to use this ability on your first melee attack, you actually gain advantage for all melee attacks (that use strength) for the turn. So barbarians with multiple attacks a round could gain advantage on all these attacks not just the first.

Thank you again!!!!

PS. Also is there a Faction dropdown on the "Start" worksheet. I cant seem to find it :)

Thanks for the feedback, awesome! Fixed both the feats bug (though typing the feat should still work) and the reckless attack description for Version 1.49

The Faction dropdown is on Character Sheet IV

deslandes

First Post
Hello,
This is a awesome tool indeed. Thanks a lot, dude.
So, i found an error that is not discernible by anyone until now i think. :)
When you choose Death Domain, the tool brings 2 extra languages and 2 extra skills, like you're choosing both, knowledge plus death domains. If you can take a look, it will be great!
Thanks again for you amazing job.

And apologize for my bad english, isn't my native language. (^.^) i hope than you can understand me.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hello,
This is a awesome tool indeed. Thanks a lot, dude.
So, i found an error that is not discernible by anyone until now i think. :)
When you choose Death Domain, the tool brings 2 extra languages and 2 extra skills, like you're choosing both, knowledge plus death domains. If you can take a look, it will be great!
Thanks again for you amazing job.

And apologize for my bad english, isn't my native language. (^.^) i hope than you can understand me.

Thanks for the feedback, found the issue and corrected for version 1.49

deslandes

First Post
Hi again,
Do you intend to insert new subclass options like Fighter - Marine, Sorcerer - Storm, Wizard - Artificer and Rogue - Swashbuckler?
I had read in some point on this topic than you don't wanna add none feature from UA, but we could customize things like race (as you suggested).
Do you intent to open the option to customize subclasses in the future?

A last, there an error over Rock Gnome.
There says on Artificer Lore Feature: Advantage on intelligence checks etc... But the Player Handbook says "Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to magic items, alchemical objects, or technological devices, you can add twice your proficiency bonus, instead of any proficiency bonus you normally apply."

Thanks!! :)

Last edited:

Remove ads