• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

skoorb

First Post
This character sheet is incredible!

I'm having one issue though. When I go to select Feats, the list goes blank after "Inspiring Leader." Not sure if it's a bug, or if there's some restriction I'm unaware of.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
This character sheet is incredible!

I'm having one issue though. When I go to select Feats, the list goes blank after "Inspiring Leader." Not sure if it's a bug, or if there's some restriction I'm unaware of.

It's a bug, you can still type the name of the feat if you like and it will work. This is fixed for version 1.49

GraciousGoblin

First Post
One small thing I noticed, is that weapons and armour that I fill for Character sheet I don't count against encumbrance. That means I have re-enter them on Character sheet II to get the weight to count. Perhaps this is a feature (might not bring all your possible attacks with you), however I think it would be cool to include them right away. Should a player not equip them all then you can always overwrite the weight to zero, right?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
One small thing I noticed, is that weapons and armour that I fill for Character sheet I don't count against encumbrance. That means I have re-enter them on Character sheet II to get the weight to count. Perhaps this is a feature (might not bring all your possible attacks with you), however I think it would be cool to include them right away. Should a player not equip them all then you can always overwrite the weight to zero, right?

Thanks for the feedback, currently this is by design as the entire gear section needs to be free text. I'm avoiding macros to copy text there for compatibility with iOS, Android, and Windows 10 Excel touch versions (can't run macros)

You can achieve the desired effect by adding a formula in a cell instead of free text, for example

=ArmorName (result is the Name of the current armor selected in the Start sheet)
=ArmorWeight (result is the Weight of the current armor selected in the Start sheet)
=Attack1Name (result is the Name of the current weapon selected in Attack 1 of the Start sheet)
=Attack1Weight (result is the Weight of the current weapon selected in Attack 1 of the Start sheet)

and so on... these will dynamically update based on the selections made in the Start sheet. These formula will copy over when you update your character to the next version of the tool.

These formula (and others) are used in the example character Zenith, you can view formulas under Formulas > Show Formula in the ribbon

A list of all variables that you can use can be found under Formulas > Name Manager in the ribbon, hopefully most are self explanatory.

Last edited:

GraciousGoblin

First Post
You can achieve the desired effect by adding a formula in a cell instead of free text, for example

=ArmorName (result is the Name of the current armor selected in the Start sheet)
=ArmorWeight (result is the Weight of the current armor selected in the Start sheet)

That is brilliant, yes that way I can just make one equipment line item totalling them all. Super, thanks!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 1.49 Released

- Huge update for Character Sheet III, it spans two sheets which make things easier to read.
--All short spell descriptions overhauled to provide more detail
-- Added reference pages for spells
-- Added At Higher Level details for spells
-- Added additional spells (5th +5, total 20, 6th+5 total 20, 7th+3 total 15) in Spellcasting sheet
- Fixed bug with feat drop down and Half-Orc Menacing Trait
- Various bug fixes, spelling corrections and tool enhancements (including the Character Transfer Tool)

Enjoy!

FYI, PHB Errata coming in version 1.50!

Last edited:

Remove ads